The Student Room Group

What is the best university degree?

I'm talking about the one's which will lead to the best jobs, salaries, benefits, hours of work, ability to work abroad and relatively unstressful jobs?

btw the A levels im taking are chemistry biology maths philosophy try and link these in.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Doctor? Although you do have to work all hours when your training...
Reply 2
Original post by discoo-x
Doctor? Although you do have to work all hours when your training...

Pretty sure they have to be in uni for 5-7 years and the hours are horrendous?
Reply 3
Economics, Law, Variations of engineering i imagine.
Reply 4
Any science degree can fill your criteria.
Just a matter of what you do with that degree :smile:
Engineering! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Probably Medicine or Dentistry for you in particular.
toilet studies.
Reply 8
Original post by mrdreamerstar
Pretty sure they have to be in uni for 5-7 years and the hours are horrendous?

I think it depends what part of the nhs you end up going into. if you were a gp then you would only be working gp surgery hours (normal 9-5 working day I believe) The training is intensive for a long time but you end up with a stable job with a large pay packet...
Already been said, but the most respected, and or the ones which open the most doors are core sciences, maths, law, history, engineering (in some form, i'm ignorant towards engineering as an area lol)
Reply 10
Plenty of money to be made in the chemical synthesis industry if you have an aptitude for chemistry. Also the pharmaceutical industry if you're willing to loose any moral scruples you may have.
Reply 11
In general, languages :awesome: (me? biased? :rolleyes:) but for your options I would say a science, chemical engineering, economics or philosophy.
Reply 12
Disney studies, then you can tell everyone you are studying for a Micky Mouse degree.
electronics, if you design the next iPod or something revolutionary then you'll be in the big time
The forum search function is your friend. This question has been asked several times.
Reply 15
Economics, Statistics, Maths, Computer Science roughly in that order.

Generally,Economics get the highest salaries, but then again Economics students make sure they have a CV, apply for interns, aim high and are motivated by money more then most.
Reply 16
Look at all those worms coming out that can
Original post by The Patriot
Already been said, but the most respected, and or the ones which open the most doors are core sciences, maths, law, history, engineering (in some form, i'm ignorant towards engineering as an area lol)

English is respected and opens a lot of doors for careers too I think :-)
Reply 18
Original post by mrdreamerstar
I'm talking about the one's which will lead to the best jobs, salaries, benefits, hours of work, ability to work abroad and relatively unstressful jobs?

btw the A levels im taking are chemistry biology maths philosophy try and link these in.

It could be anything to be honest as long as you get into a reputable university.
But that is the worst reason to do a degree because you may end up doing something you dislike,lose interest and do poorly :/
Reply 19
Original post by Mono
Plenty of money to be made in the chemical synthesis industry if you have an aptitude for chemistry. Also the pharmaceutical industry if you're willing to loose any moral scruples you may have.

What do they do which is so unethical? I was thinking of doing biochemistry and going down the pharmaceutics route and make bare P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending