The Student Room Group

Uni Choices! Ambitious?

Hello,

Well I made three choices so far:
Birmingham (AAA)
Bristol (A*AA-AAB)
Nottingham (A*AA-AAA)
for Eco with Spanish, Eco with Study in C.E., and Eco with hispanic studies.

At GCSE I got A*A*(re shourtcourse) and the rest all A's (well except for IT dida, got a credit for that :tongue:)

At AS I got A's in Maths, Eco, Spanish and a B in Further (dropped). I'm predicted 3 A's.

So are my choices so far too ambitious?
What other unis should I apply to? Kent and Essex offer Eco with spanish, what do you think about these unis?
I could also apply for straight eco..any thoughts on that?
Reply 1
As you aren't predicted an A* then its a bit risky to put a lot of choices down which would give you an offer with an A*. Most unis tend to give you the higher offers, even if they say A*AA-AAB ect. I think you need at least one backup that you'd be happy to go to.
Reply 2
Original post by Shelly_x
As you aren't predicted an A* then its a bit risky to put a lot of choices down which would give you an offer with an A*. Most unis tend to give you the higher offers, even if they say A*AA-AAB ect. I think you need at least one backup that you'd be happy to go to.

hhmm I thought so too, but the thing is ..which other unis should I apply to? :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
If you stick with those 3 it should be fine, but I would apply to an AAB and an ABB as well. Maybe even two ABB's, depending on how confident you are of achieving your predicted grades.
Reply 4
Original post by laura94
If you stick with those 3 it should be fine, but I would apply to an AAB and an ABB as well. Maybe even two ABB's, depending on how confident you are of achieving your predicted grades.

Thanks for your reply and yeh I'll definitely need backups, but I have no idea which :frown:
Reply 5
bump

Quick Reply