The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bottled water. I only buy it for the bottle.
Reply 21
Tofu. Nuff said.
Mushrooms- taste horrible

Ribs- too little meat

Any kind of kebab meat- just disgusting
I like egg and cress sandwiches...
Reply 24
Original post by georgia(:
This is not a food however I feel it is relevant;

Sparkling Water.

Just why? It tastes terrible and I have never met anybody who would choose it over a regular bottle of water.

add dilutent juice then u have sparkling juice :smile:
I'd love someone to explain to me the point in celeriac? Don't insult me, bring me real mash.
Reply 26
Original post by bananalala
celery... very weak taste and those stringy bits EUGHHHHXASCBAICBI

could not agree more! celery is disgusting!
Reply 27
Cress is needed to make the sandwich look pretty, and colourful.

Works for me.
Spam. Enough said.

Caviar.

Also, a little bit off topic, but chopped up onion that costs around £2 in tesco. Why buy chopped up onion for £2 when you can buy a whole onion for 20p and chop it yourself?
rant over (:
Reply 29
Does it make me greedy that I actually like everything mentioned in this thread? (Despite being able to see the pointlessness of many) :p:
Original post by DontJudge
Cress is needed to make the sandwich look pretty, and colourful.

Works for me.

Salad is typically used for this purpose :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
Spam. Enough said.

Caviar.

Also, a little bit off topic, but chopped up onion that costs around £2 in tesco. Why buy chopped up onion for £2 when you can buy a whole onion for 20p and chop it yourself?
rant over (:

I'd say you've just listed food you don't really like as opposed to POINTLESS food... I mean, onion? It's like the most versatile veg you can get!
Reply 32
Plain boiled rice - how boring!
Original post by georgia(:
This is not a food however I feel it is relevant;

Sparkling Water.

Just why? It tastes terrible and I have never met anybody who would choose it over a regular bottle of water.

THIS!
water is meant to be PURE, they'll be putting twinkle dust on potatoes next.
Damn food fairies
Original post by Fusion
Lamb/pork chops - too little meat.

Leaf salad - tasteless, watery and too much like grass.

you need do buy better chops
Original post by TotoMimo
I'd say you've just listed food you don't really like as opposed to POINTLESS food... I mean, onion? It's like the most versatile veg you can get!

I didn't say it was a pointless food, I said it was pointless buying it in a certain format, i.e Pre chopped for a stupidly high price.
Reply 36
Ahhh, my apologies Cake. Misread.
Reply 37
Spare ribs

I mentioned chops for their lack of meat, but (chinese) spare ribs take it to another level. At least with chops as well the meat is easy to cut/identify, on ribs it's a bit of a quest to find bits of meat (and it can get MESSY covered in sauce.)
Reply 38
Original post by PhoenixFortune
It's lots of fun to grow though! :proud:

When I was in Reception, we all grew cress in class. Mine was the only one in the class that didn't grow. So my teacher bought me some cress seeds to take home and grow there instead. I just thought I'd share that heartwarming tale.
Original post by Fusion
Spare ribs

I mentioned chops for their lack of meat, but (chinese) spare ribs take it to another level. At least with chops as well the meat is easy to cut/identify, on ribs it's a bit of a quest to find bits of meat (and it can get MESSY covered in sauce.)

I have thought this for so many years, and not just about chinese spare ribs (although not entirely sure of the difference between them and ordinary spare ribs) I just dont see why people invest so much time making a bone taste nice when you nibble on it when you can have a chop, or a steak, or whatever.

Latest