Newcastle Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Applied to Law (M101). Crossing my fingers for an offer :3
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 61
Applied for Business accounting and finance the other day, have to go for an interview/assessment centre so hope my grades are up to it!
Reply 62
Got an AAA conditional offer through to study Law last week :smile: Anyone else for Law? (Couldn't be bothered to reas previous posts to find out!)
Original post by Emgrace
Is Castle Leazes by the park? :smile: Is it self catered?

What's the teaching like and stuff? Is it really good. I do really like the course!

Sorry for taking so long to reply!

But yeah, Castle Leazes is right next to a field, which you'll have to walk through to get to campus, and the field is right next to a park as well. You can be catered or self catered at Leazes.

The teaching is really good so far, but for a Zoologist some of the first year modules aren't really what I want to be doing - having said that friends who are actually on the Biology course think it's fab though!

The only module that everyone seems to have a bit of problem with atm is the Biology In Action one, since a lot of the work is a bit of a waste of time and the lectures are really boring! But don't let that put you off since it's only a couple of hours every 2 weeks.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm happy to answer them (and hopefully i'll get round to it a bit quicker next time!)

PS Just had a read back through the thread... Congrats on the offer :biggrin: x
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone planning on attending the English department open day on the 16th? :erm:
Original post by katherine_b

Original post by katherine_b
Me too! Havn't heard anything from them yet though...except for a comfomation email which took about 2 weeks to arrive...

I'm planning on applying! I haven't sent away my ucas form yet!
Reply 66
Original post by jamestwob
Got an AAA conditional offer through to study Law last week :smile: Anyone else for Law? (Couldn't be bothered to reas previous posts to find out!)

I applied last monday, how long did they take to make an offer for you? :smile:
I've applied for Linguistics through the PARTNERS scheme! (: it looks amazing. I'm predicted three BBB's so! Hope I get an offer!
finally got a conditional offer through for biomedicine! yay, the course looks good!
Reply 69
i've applied for medicine at Newcastle too:smile:
Reply 70
I've applied for economics (: central link is my favourite accommodation because it was right in the middle of everything and next to the business school. Anyone else you looking to stay there or do economics? Xx
Reply 71
I've applied for maths, I've not really had a look at accomodation yet but I'm hoping for somewhere self-catered, spent the past 5 years cooking for myself and don't think I could go back to not having a kitchen
Reply 72
Unconditional Offer for Biomedical Science!!
I applied last week for Modern Languages (Spanish and Japanese). Got an acknowledgement, but hoping that I get an offer as I really really want to go there. :biggrin:
Reply 74
Letter from Newcastle today to say I've been accepted on to PARTNERS, so I'm guaranteed an offer of either AAA or ABB (with completion of Summer School)

Absolutely Chuffed to bits :smile:
Getting Firmed immediately.
AAB condition offer for Ancient History :biggrin: FIRM
Reply 76
Original post by eamanexancalime
AAB condition offer for Ancient History :biggrin: FIRM

Congratulations :smile: what's your predicted grades?

Original post by JD12
Congratulations :smile: what's your predicted grades?

thank you!! I'm predicted AAA :smile: what about you?
Reply 78
Offers for Marketing and International Business, both AAB wooo :biggrin:
Reply 79
AAB offer for Economics!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending