The Student Room Group

How can hospital Work Experience be beneficial when applying for a degree in biology?

I am currently applying for a degree in Human/ Medical Genetics and am writing my personal statement at the moment.

I have tonnes of work experience from hospitals, i.e. shadowing doctors and nurses, listening to healthcare-related lectures and other fun things, but how can I relate this to applying for a Biology degree?

i have a little bit a lab experience that I discuss but I would really like to include a bit of my healthcare-related work experience but I don' know how!

Please help :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by gabx679
I am currently applying for a degree in Human/ Medical Genetics and am writing my personal statement at the moment.

I have tonnes of work experience from hospitals, i.e. shadowing doctors and nurses, listening to healthcare-related lectures and other fun things, but how can I relate this to applying for a Biology degree?

i have a little bit a lab experience that I discuss but I would really like to include a bit of my healthcare-related work experience but I don' know how!

Please help :smile:

- You want to work in hospital lab
- You want to help people
- Interested in health research
- Want to work in NHS
Say you found pathology and the study of microorganisms interesting and would like to continue the study of them in your degree.

Say something like "the work experience was extremely constructive and i learnt i wanted to work in the field of biology"

Theres tonnes of things you can say about it. Just briefly describe what skills it taught you and how that will apply to your degree (microscopy could be good to mention).
I had a lab tour and mentioned how it gave me an insight in to various different fields of biology which interested me, and helped me to decide that I want to work in biology one day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending