The Student Room Group
Reply 1
you have 14 days from receipt of ucas confirmation to change your choices.

your PS and predicted grades are set in stone.
Reply 2
Original post by .eXe

Can you change you choices after the deadline but within 2 weeks. So if I applied today could I change a medicine choice on the 16th or would I be considered a late applicant by my new choice?
Reply 3
Original post by .eXe

are you 100 percent sure? :frown:
Surly it cant be that hard to change one grade?
Reply 5

it says nothing about predicted grades.. what now? reckon i should talk to my teacher and see if i can sort something out?
Reply 6
Your best bet would be to call UCAS.

As far as I am aware once the app is sent only minor details can be changed. It's not like your grades are magically going to change so they wouldn't allow you to change grades. In re: to predicted grades, they expect referees to be 100% sure before they write down the grade. They aren't supposed to be iffy and change them later on. That's not really fair.

This is why it would be highly unlikely that they would allow a change in grades.
Original post by .eXe

I'm afraid it's changed to 7 days from this year.
Original post by Honey:)
it says nothing about predicted grades.. what now? reckon i should talk to my teacher and see if i can sort something out?

Your predicted grades are put in your reference. It's too late for that to be changed.
Reply 9
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Your predicted grades are put in your reference. It's too late for that to be changed.

I understand... i just dont want to believe it!::frown:
But surely if you can change parts of the form it could include predicted grades too?
Reply 10
But surely if you can change parts of the form it could include predicted grades too?

Here is the logic behind not letting you change grades:

It's not like your grades are magically going to change in a few days so they wouldn't allow you to change grades. In regards to predicted grades, they expect referees to be 100% sure before they write down the grade. They aren't supposed to be iffy and change them later on. That's not really fair.

This is why it would be highly unlikely that they would allow a change in grades.
Reply 11

I would defiantly talk to a teacher when you get to school/collage tomorrow they will surely be able to help. Also when I did my PS last year, my school said something about them receiving the PS and then sending it off.

I am not sure but maybe your school has not sent it off. Even though you have hit the send button.

Just ask the admin staff at school :smile: and good luck!!

No, because you don't put your reference on. If it could be changed, it would have to be the referee who did it. You can't even get to see your reference through your Track unless you pay a fee (£10, I think) to do so. Your best hope would be to ask your referee to email each of the universities individually. They could try phoning UCAS, but don't count on it happening. Whatever happens, it has to be from them, because I'm quite sure you can see why the applicant calling up to say their grade has improved wouldn't be met with much credibility.
Reply 13
Original post by Doctor.
I would defiantly talk to a teacher when you get to school/collage tomorrow they will surely be able to help. Also when I did my PS last year, my school said something about them receiving the PS and then sending it off.

I am not sure but maybe your school has not sent it off. Even though you have hit the send button.

the problem is i have already received the confirmation letter from ucas!
Yeah my best choice is to talk to my admin staff at school!
thanks doctor!:smile:
Original post by Doctor.

OP has already had the confirmation back from UCAS. It's already gone.
Reply 15
Why the neg for carnationlilyrose?
The application has gone to the universities.

OP: You can ask you teachers to contact the unis with your 'correct' predicted grades.
Original post by bmnbmn101
Why the neg for carnationlilyrose?
The application has gone to the universities.

I've no idea. OP said the same thing in the post above mine, so why she chose to neg me for it, I've no idea. (I'm a sub, so I can see who it was.):confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Were you able to change it!!!???

Latest

Trending

Trending