Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Maybe Jack Martin?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
whats jack martin like?

Iv'e read that for a tiny little bit more money you can go to AV which is better.
Reply 42
I was looking at the accommodation application for last year and couldn't find a place where i could put in the details of who i would like to be placed with. The accommodation FAQs suggest they will try to accommodated this situation if you state clearly the persons name and application number but where?

Is this option to be placed with a friend you already know still available or not?
judi_lover

Arthur Vick seems to be very quiet, and Rootes seems to be very lively! Is there one in between?

:suith: Judi_lover
x

:biggrin: Cryfield :biggrin:
Reply 44
crosseyed_cat
:biggrin: Cryfield :biggrin:

i dunno its a bit out of the way. id say rootes, and apply for non smoking. I mean it looks like every floor has a whole range of people. from students who lock themselves away to those who are constantly social. but in general rootes is good for a laugh, but its not like no-one does any work. the people here are pretty clever, so there not gonna not do work when it needs to be done. for me it seems that the smoking kitchens are the really messy loud ones. I dont know why that is but it does seem to be a trend.
amo1
i dunno its a bit out of the way.

lol if a less-than-2-minute walk away from the Union, Arts centre and central campus in general is "a bit out of the way" i'd hate to see what you have to say about Westwood!:p: Seriously...Cryfield is literally just across the road from the piazza, pretty much the same distance as most of the Rootes buildings, actually. (maybe another 20 metres extra if you're in cryfield 3. And maybe an extra 15 seconds walking time if there is a bit of traffic. how terrible.)
Reply 46
Yeah cryfield is really close by its just as close as some rootes blocks!

I would say cryfield is just as lively as rootes to be honest.. You can get quieter rootes kitchens its just kind of luck where you end up sometimes sad as that is.
Reply 47
i'm thinking rootes first, cryfield second...although i really want an ensuit, i get weird about sharing...oh well:smile:
Reply 48
I can't seem to be able to find the page where I can apply for accommodation? I click on "Applying for Accommodation 2006/7" but I can't find the option for first years to apply. Can anyone help?
Thanks.
Reply 49
caramello
I can't seem to be able to find the page where I can apply for accommodation? I click on "Applying for Accommodation 2006/7" but I can't find the option for first years to apply. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

it's not up yet, i spoke to one of the admissions people and they said it wouldnt be up till end of march-ish
Reply 50
You'll be told when it goes up, it's not til really late, and you won't find out where you'll be living til about a week before term starts. Annoying but true!
Reply 51
Hmmmm

I like the sound of whitefields!
What does everyone think about that one?

judi_lover
Hmmmm

I like the sound of whitefields!
What does everyone think about that one?

I was thinking that...it's a bit strange because I could afford to go into AV or JM but I think Whitefields sounds nice, like a little house- because its so cheap, is the accomodation a bit 'scummy' though? Thats my worry, that the kitchens are horrible or something?
Reply 53
well on my interview day a student took us into his house (whitefields) and it seemed nice! 12 to a kitchen and 6 to a bathroom I think so its not as bad as some other places. + theres a front door!
Reply 54
not so much to whitefields. much more likely to end up with people you don't get on with and less opportunity to escape to other kitchens. also right outside the union so when you don't go out you still won't sleep.
Reply 55
ugh this gets more and more difficult... I get interested in an accomodation and someone points out a bad point about it! :-p help!
The late night noise thing isn't too much of a problem for me about Whitefields, as I'm a real night owl anyway and even if I do have an early night, I'd usually have my mp3 player on to block out noise anyway...
The ending up with people you don't get on with is a risk I suppose...but it's a risk you have to take if you fancy the flat/house set up I suppose...
Hmmm...
Are the rooms MUCH smaller in Whitefields is my other question?
Reply 57
The rooms seemed ok!... the guy who showed us Whitefields wouldn't let us in his room lol but we were allowed to have a peak through the door... seemed big and light! They'vre got room sizes on the Warwick website, as well as pics and details of each accomodation

judi lover
Reply 58
Ah. Whitefields might be even better next year. My friend who's staying there had to remove ALL her stuff over the holidays for "redecoration". We're very keen on seeing the result. Our best bet now is redecoration=carpet cleaning.

I'm usually staying in Rootes, but in Cryfield for the holidays. Actually, the building as such is really really nice. Looking at next year's accommodation fees, I'd say Rootes isn't really worth it. (Especially not if you'd end up in Old Rootes.)
Which accommodation do you people think is better: Cryfield or Whitefields? I think they are exactly the same price.

Latest

Trending

Trending