Do you regret any of your GCSE options? Watch

Deziah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm in year eleven, and pretty much everyone I know regrets at least one of their subjects if not all. So, I'm just curious to know if any of you do/did.
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I should have taken triple science and history instead of drama and ICT.
Sir Lagsalot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Engineering, all our teacher did was show us karate moves for 2 years
Rainbow Revolution
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, I regret taking Art. It's so time consuming
Tannu123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
DiDA.
Contrad!ction.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Food tech, geography and BTEC ICT. I hated food tech, should have gone for electronics. I would probably have done better at psychology or history than geography. Or Spanish, if our school allowed 2 languages. And BTEC ICT's not as useful as ICT GCSE, and a whole load harder to work out how to enter onto UCAS.
mrdreamerstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
nah not really
sam.h
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Travel and tourism :| no one at the time told me that this wouldn't help me at all when applying to university. It meant that I couldn't do triple or double science, meaning I couldn't do any sciences at A level. It was also the most boring and easy subject ever and the biggest waste of my time. Rant over.
dylantombides
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deziah)
I'm in year eleven, and pretty much everyone I know regrets at least one of their subjects if not all. So, I'm just curious to know if any of you do/did.
I wish I took geography. However it was in the same option block as PE which I also wanted to do (would have rathered done PE). So its not as if I regret it because I made the right decision, however I would have liked geography to be in a different option box so I could have done both subjects.

Also, I should have tried harder in Biology as I only got a C grade which prevented me studying it at A Level.
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
During my GCSEs I thought I regretted taking Psychology and ICT, especially Psychology, the GCSE was just so boring, and all we did was read the textbook and do the exams.

I later realised there weren't many better ones instead, Art was going to be my backup choice if I couldn't get into those, turned out that was a lucky escape. No chance was I going to take geography, history, music, japanese or any other obscure languages.

I picked the ones I didn't want to do the least.
xDave-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tannu123)
DiDA.
Lol, I did that too. Didn't have a choice though, they just told me I wasn't doing IT and had that instead.

I regret taking French and Business. I regretted taking Double Science so I dropped it for Sociology, which was ok I guess. Wish I'd have taken Graphics/Art or something.
Deziah
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I took media, french, double science and ICT.
Should have taken french, triple science and ICT but I'm kinda glad I don't have to do as many exams as triple science.
There isn't any other subjects I would've liked to take, hate things like history and geography and I already do btec PE on the side.
aivisindans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
History,

instead of Media.

I was happy with Travel and French
spoinkytheduck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I definitely regret french... Even geography probably would have been better (now thats saying something!!)
QI Elf
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, I don't regret what I took. I only had three options. I chose history, geography and RS.

I would have liked to have done German instead of French, but French was compulsory at my school and I didn't want to do two languages. So given the circumstances I don't regret it. Again, I would have liked the opportunity to have doe Latin but my school didn't teach it. My brothers did but he couldn't have cared less about it!! Now I'm having to self teach it and its pretty hard going!!

Its my A Levels I regret in retrospect! I loved geography at GCSE. I struggled with it at A Level. I would have chosed RS instead, I think.
aurora_dawn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I picked French,Geography,History and Triple Science. They're all "good" subjects but I think history is too long - it's basically English and I can't stand English. So yeah I regret picking it but it was that or ICT and well History is way better in my opinion - no pain no gain right.
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was forced to take GCSE ICT, which was a complete waste of time.

I wanted to take geography :sad:
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would have liked to take German instead of Geography, but the school wouldn't let me because I was already doing French and Spanish. My Geography GCSE hasn't been useful to me in life at all, while my language GCSEs have been. But I can understand that the school wants to provide a broad education.

Regarding the GCSE choices I was actually allowed to make, I don't regret them at all - I think I chose the right ones for me.
French, Spanish, Latin, Geography, Maths, English x2 and Science x3.
Crazy Lady!!!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ATM I'm regretting geography. 5 hours of controlled assessment is enough to push anyone over the edge. Also getting a B in my exam when I am predicted an A*. My teachers pretty crap too would much rather have another one who I like...
I love history and french and Spanish and I couldn't avoid all three sciences and I'd rather do that than double with the dreaded IT!!!
stac4321
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wish I'd done something more exciting, like chinese or drama. Instead I opted safe with media, french, history and art.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads