Do you regret any of your GCSE options? Watch

mariejulian
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yes, i regret taking textiles and physical ed. when i should have taken triple science, stats and something else more academic
Smilingsam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Meh I hated History and Busines at the end of year 11, History because the only thing mentioned was russia seriously I didn't give a rats ass about russia, meh didn't study didn't care about the exam so got an F.

Business (Doing a degree in it) managed to get an E because I hated the teacher she didn't teach me anything and then was put for the higher paper.

Higher paper was after I decided to do what most people on here wouldn't dare to do move from the top sets in year 8 to bottom sets in year 9 because of how it was taught.
audacious-ant
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Je ne regrette rien.

Honestly, since I'm in Yr 12 now, GCSEs don't even feel like they ever happened.

I suppose it would have been a little bit better if I took History or Geography for GCSE, since if I apply to a European uni, they'd like to see as much variety as possible and that's the only field I haven't got covered. Then again, I hated them so much that I couldn't have possibly taken them for GCSE, even if right now I got to choose over again. I chose ICT over History and French over Geography. ICT was enjoyable and useful (and at that time I wanted to be a software engineer) and I'm still studying French for A Levels.

So,
SpunkyVanDros
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Creative and media diploma.

Waste of 2 years and it's practically useless now.
smileyelzz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Media ! Why , oh why did I pick it :indiff:
Aijin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I regret taking Geography over a Modern Foreign Language. Biggest mistake I made.
Tahooper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Media. Why, why... why?
jessjess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
history. too many dates... and essays suck.
lukas1051
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't really have any strong regrets, in the grand scheme of things the particular GCSEs I chose mean nothing. Media Studies was pretty dire, I thought I enjoyed it at the time, but looking back I think I definitely would have preferred drama (our school MADE us choose one 'expressive art' subject).
doloroushazy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i regret taking art so much! i was **** at it and i got so ridiculously stressed that i nearly cried every art lesson. soooo glad it's over
GentlemanOfTheRoad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wish I had taken Latin, Chinese or Spanish instead of Classical Civilsation. I got an A for Class Civ but didn't take it on to sixth form, which I would have with Spanish Chinese or Latin, as i hate French but love languages
Comet Andromeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Health and Social Care. Total. Waste. Of. Time.
Should have done History, would have been much more interesting.
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hated History at the time, my teacher never gave me higher than a C on any of the mock papers :rolleyes:

In the actual exam I got an A, don't know how but I was very happy about this!
Mike Hunt is nice
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Instead of History, i wish i did Physics!
steph_cook92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by smileyelzz)
Media ! Why , oh why did I pick it :indiff:
Exactly what I was going to say, I ended up dropping it half way through year 11, such a waste of time and energy!

Thinking about it now, all my GCSEs are pointless, I only really need Maths, English & Science and that's purely to get into teaching lol
999cameron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I took English, Maths, Triple Science, French, Media Studies, History, Citizenship. I regret taking Media because of the huge workload! Way too much! The rest of the subjects I am glad I took and enjoy them alot.
Rho22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Was pretty much tricked my by school into taking OCR ICT, they told me it was worth at least 2 (and up to 4) GCSE's, and if I didn't take it I'd have to do some sort of ICT lesson at college. Completely untrue.
username714290
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I chose to do history but for some reason the school made me do health and social care
I regret not telling my head of year that they changed my options without telling me.
tweetyxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wish I'd done History/Business instead of Geography
abc:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I reallyyyy wish I'd done history instead of geography more than I can say!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.74%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.01%
No I am happy with my course choice (399)
57.08%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.16%

Watched Threads