The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deziah
I'm in year eleven, and pretty much everyone I know regrets at least one of their subjects if not all. So, I'm just curious to know if any of you do/did. :smile:

Regret taking computing instead of triple.
in year 13 now, but the only thing i really regretted was not doing triple science even though not taking it wasn't really up to me, i wanted to and they cancelled it because not enough people wanted to the course so i chose psychology instead
Original post by anonymouslol
i do art and design its basically textiles, and i do child development and ICT. I regret ICT so boring and im so nervous for my child development exam tomorrow as its a really hard exam to pass haha i love textiles but its so time consuming and so difficult to pass haha so im worried if i actually passed i hope so if not hard work for nothing

I did child development and ICT as a GCSE. I honestly regretted ICT as it bored me every single lesson :frown: and you'll be fine for the child development exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
I did child development and ICT as a GCSE. I honestly regretted ICT as it bored me every single lesson :frown: and you'll be fine for the child development exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

awh thank you i know ICT is soo boring my exam didn't go so well so im hoping that the coursework would boost my grade by i am nervous for child development and I have my chemistry exam tomorrow so I don't know how im going to carry on studying for both looks like I won't be sleeping tonight :/
awh thank you i know ICT is soo boring my exam didn't go so well so im hoping that the coursework would boost my grade by i am nervous for child development and I have my chemistry exam tomorrow so I don't know how im going to carry on studying for both looks like I won't be sleeping tonight :/

Your welcome :redface:
Aw bless yeah I know right, worst thing was the school I was at timetabled me in for double ICT as well as the single lessons, and the double lessons dragged on soooo much :frown:! I ended up getting a C for the ICT coursework, and I'm assuming I got a C on the exam as well as I got a C overall :redface:
Aw bless, from what I could remember from the child development exam, there were the standard questions then an essay question, but idk if it would be the same as the other exam boards for the set up of the exam :redface: ah sure you'll be fine :smile: when I sat my GCSEs, there were days where there were two exams in one day, which was draining but got through them ok :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Business and History are my best choices
Your welcome :redface:
Aw bless yeah I know right, worst thing was the school I was at timetabled me in for double ICT as well as the single lessons, and the double lessons dragged on soooo much :frown:! I ended up getting a C for the ICT coursework, and I'm assuming I got a C on the exam as well as I got a C overall :redface:
Aw bless, from what I could remember from the child development exam, there were the standard questions then an essay question, but idk if it would be the same as the other exam boards for the set up of the exam :redface: ah sure you'll be fine :smile: when I sat my GCSEs, there were days where there were two exams in one day, which was draining but got through them ok :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you so much for your advice. lets hope everything goes ok haha x thanks again :smile:
ICT
ICT was so time consuming and pointless, thousands of words for coursework. Only thing it has helped me with is excel spreadsheets. The exam was the easiest thing I ever did along with business so I got an A* but it was still a waste of time.
thank you so much for your advice. lets hope everything goes ok haha x thanks again :smile:

Your welcome :smile: and good luck :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your welcome :smile: and good luck :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you I'm still studying for child development so im going to need lots of luck haha:laugh:
Original post by yesyesyesno
ICT was so time consuming and pointless, thousands of words for coursework. Only thing it has helped me with is excel spreadsheets. The exam was the easiest thing I ever did along with business so I got an A* but it was still a waste of time.

I know right :/ got a C overall and got a C on my coursework, which was just long and draining. I honestly didn't revise much for it and the exam was probably one of the easiest I've ever done. I also did business and communication systems as a GCSE as it was compulsory for my year, the practical and the written was so easy, and the coursework I did was about the work experience I did in year 10 and I think I got a C on that. But I got a C overall though :tongue: :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you I'm still studying for child development so im going to need lots of luck haha:laugh:

Your welcome :biggrin:
Aw bless :redface: :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCR Computing GCSE.
Coursework was bad, teacher was worse and the exam was the perfect cherry on top of this sh*t ice cream. Wish I took ICT instead.
Glad one of us will be happy on results day:smile:
well done man, that was one of my worst exams
1) Don´t bother with triple science unless you actually want to continue science further. Core and applied science was so much easier.

2) Do what you want to do and not what you think is a prestigous subject to do. No one really cares about your GCSE subjects when you are older.
geography and it
Waste of time
Triple science!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1398
Triple Science... there's so much content to learn
I guess i'm ok with Biology and Physics... but Chemistry :frown:
Reply 1399
ICT is terribly boring

Latest