The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1
All the people I have ever seen smoking just do it on the stairwells. Or hang out of their windows :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
davesstones
All the people I have ever seen smoking just do it on the stairwells. Or hang out of their windows :smile:
what he said!
How much do ciggs cost in the UK? Is there a smoking policy like in Ireland (no smoking in bars)? I'm an international student going to the UK! Maybe this shouldnt be in this thread, but oh well, since we are talking about smoking...
Reply 4
cant smoke in places that serve food, but alot of bars will let you smoke.
Reply 5
How much do ciggs cost in the UK?

Roughly £4.50-£5 for a pack of 20... depends what brand really
Reply 6
Marlboro Lights - how much do they cost there?
I work in a supermarket and they cost nearly £5 for a pack of 20.
Reply 8
i was a bit confused about the smoking policy too..they ask on the accomm form whether or not you are a smoker and whether or not you would be willing to share with smokers, yet why would they ask this if all rooms/flats are non-smoking?
Reply 9
it's a complete piece of guesswork and speculation on my part, but i wouldn't be surprised if they stuck smokers in the slightler older/shabbier accommodation. why would they want brand new/nicely done up places to be ruined by smoke?
Reply 10
hehe good point silence....uh oh..i said 'not a smoker' but 'would be willing to share with smokers'....nooo, what have i done!! :-S
hey thats a gd point, i hadnt thought of that!
silence
it's a complete piece of guesswork and speculation on my part, but i wouldn't be surprised if they stuck smokers in the slightler older/shabbier accommodation. why would they want brand new/nicely done up places to be ruined by smoke?

Well I know for fact there are smokers in elgar court/shackleton :wink:

I believe that all the accommodation is non smoking however, and smokers have to sit on the stairs/hang out of windows etc :biggrin:
Do u reckon the majority of smokers will be put in chamberlain simply cuz its not renovated? Also...i think tennis courts sounds wkd, but when r they getting rid of mason hall cuz itl be so noisy i bet with the deconstruction! Anyone: got any pros and cons of Tennis courts/elgar court/maple bank/aitken wing? Thankuuuu x
oliviasmith05
Do u reckon the majority of smokers will be put in chamberlain simply cuz its not renovated? Also...i think tennis courts sounds wkd, but when r they getting rid of mason hall cuz itl be so noisy i bet with the deconstruction! Anyone: got any pros and cons of Tennis courts/elgar court/maple bank/aitken wing? Thankuuuu x

Mason Hall is being demolished from Easter onwards in stages so come September it should just be a building site. Less noise but still mildly annoying I guess.

They really do mix smokers up just as much as non smokers I think. I know when I was in halls two of my flatmates smoked, there was pretty much at least 1 smoker in every flat to be honest.
Smoking - Here's The Deal - Im In Shack - There Are A Number Of Somking Flats Which Im In. You Can Smoke Draw Etc Without The Alarms Going Off. When It Comes To Smoking In Your Rooms - Use The Age Old Trick Of A Condom Strtched Over The Fire Alarm - Use Your Heads!
Reply 16
do you use the same condom for different occasions? or reuse it?

Latest

Trending

Trending