Turn on thread page Beta

UKL keeps logging me out watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else had problems with UKL randomly logging them out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    No, on the opposite side, I must click logout or it keeps logged on forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    Me 2...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe one of the mods is making a hint! Nasty stuff

ReputationRep:
    The site does log u out if u are inactive for like 5 mins (which is a real pain cos my teacher keeps going on for ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    The site does log u out if u are inactive for like 5 mins (which is a real pain cos my teacher keeps going on for ages.
    Well this happens even when i am posting at the 30 second limit.
    But its totally random, i stay logged on for minutes, or hours sometimes, and it suddenly happens.

ReputationRep:
    me 2, random :confused:

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I've never had to log in again since I registered. *Must* be a cookie thing.
    Well i'm at college, so i can't do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissnaughty)

xxx
    Not scatty then!

ReputationRep:

when me and anyone i no log in at the same time ie me and chatty girl using different computers but same network, she logs in as me and vice versa after we have posted a message. its well annoying

ReputationRep:
    I´ve never been logged out, but I get the "server busy" thing so often that I actually can´t post any more, unlike now when nobody is online. Do you also get it permanently or is it maybe cause I live in germany and am not as close to the server?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Me 2...
    (Original post by lilmissnaughty)

xxx
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I've never had to log in again since I registered. *Must* be a cookie thing.
    when you login, under the username/password boxes there is a tickbox marked "keep me logged in". if you log out now and relogin, you can deselect that tick box, and you will always have to log in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    when you login, under the username/password boxes there is a tickbox marked "keep me logged in". if you log out now and relogin, you can deselect that tick box, and you will always have to log in.
    Welcome back oh wonderfully sober one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bazippit)
    Welcome back oh wonderfully sober one!
    thankyou. my head doesn't feel so sober though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    thankyou. my head doesn't feel so sober though.
    Don't worry master it will pass

ReputationRep:
    At college this was a nightmare. I logged in once, and then anybody could come on this website logged in as me. Damage-limitation are the words which come to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    when me and anyone i no log in at the same time ie me and chatty girl using different computers but same network, she logs in as me and vice versa after we have posted a message. its well annoying
    that happens with me and glitter. argh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    mine generally keeps me logged in, but just occasionally logs me out between posts n stuff , its behaving quite wella t the moment though

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Did used to happen, and was very annoying, but has since stopped. I sometimes forgot to sign back on, and then had to mention that the unregistered post was by me.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2004
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.