The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BomBom
Yeah I think it will be Tuesday or wednesday

wait do you mean for westminster of sevenoaks?
If you do get in (which i hope you do when the time comes) understand that they do the IB instead of A levels and the average is like 40 - 41 points.... which is ridiculous lol
Reply 22
Original post by Pop95
wait do you mean for westminster of sevenoaks?

I hope she means Sevenoaks
Have you received any notifications from Sevenoaks?
And how were your papers btw?
Reply 23
no, i havent got anything from SO, apparently its 1st December they send the letters out....but i thought the interviews might have been before.
papers were ok, not too hard.
Reply 24
Original post by arshadb
I hope she means Sevenoaks
Have you received any notifications from Sevenoaks?
And how were your papers btw?

yeah i mean sevenoaks, at least thats what they told us when we sat the exam, it might be different for overseas applicants though
Reply 25
I checked on the website and it says anytime in November...
Saturday 5th November 2011 Entrance tests are held at Sevenoaks
November 2011Interviews and/or further tests for places and scholarships.
December 2011 Offers of places and scholarships
Reply 26
I'm so worried
Reply 27
Original post by arshadb
I'm so worried

same! :s-smilie:
Reply 28
anyone got anything form sevenoaks yet?
Reply 29

Ahhhh!!! I think its december guys.
Reply 30
Original post by Pop95
Ahhhh!!! I think its december guys.

Yeah I think you're right! Have you had a 'friendly chat' with the sixth form registrar? Because apparently everyone is meant to?
Reply 31
Yeah I had one the other week for a bit less than an hour. Did you?
Reply 32
No I have it on Monday, what was it like? what sort of questions did they ask you and were they subject specific? sorry for all the question!!
Reply 33
It's ok! I saw on the Westminster page that you got an interview well done!!

They just asked about your general studies and personality; but I asked some people on exam day what they were asked and they said they were asked different questions to me.. Sorry if that doesn't really help
Reply 34
Hi I applied for seven oaks and I'm wondering does everyone have a meeting with a registrar or just the people who do well in the exams? And also how many people applied? Thankies
Reply 35
Original post by Coolchick
Hi I applied for seven oaks and I'm wondering does everyone have a meeting with a registrar or just the people who do well in the exams? And also how many people applied? Thankies

Over 300 applicants I'd say
I really wanted to go to Sevenoaks :frown: but my parents sent me to a different school up north! Glad I went to my school. Mines does IB and A Level. And whilst the IB isn't is good at my school it's better to have choice. Most people who apply go "Wow, Sevenoaks, prestige galour." But they don't realise until they get there that the IB might not be for them.
Reply 37
Original post by Pop95
Over 300 applicants I'd say

Is that the number if applicants? And all of them get an interview?
Is Sevenoaks in London? Always wondered.
Reply 39

I think everyone had an interview before or on exam day. But not everyone gets through to the next interviews