The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
yeh im a international student as well.
well i hope i will be join this year sixth form
btw if anyone knows whether sevenoaks is a posh school or not ?
Reply 121
Original post by Tabithaa

Original post by Tabithaa
ummm idk i guess it is. are you applying for next year or something?
and i'm german but i live in jordan.
are you an international student as well?

would you say its a posh school ?
Reply 122
Hey I'm at Sevenoaks in your year so, if anyone wants to ask any questions feel free
Reply 123
Original post by emsie199

Hey I'm at Sevenoaks in your year so, if anyone wants to ask any questions feel free

is it a posh skl ?
i'm starting in September :smile: is anyone going to the sports scholarship day? x
Reply 125
Original post by ermjai
is it a posh skl ?

In the school we don't really think about who is posh and who is not, its not much of a factor. I don't think it is because its so international everyone has different accents and how much people's parents own and where they live is not much of an issue. Yes there are some really rich people, they are normally overseas students. But the majority are not overly posh. I guess there are a few people that look down their noses at others, noone likes them, they realise, then stop.

Does that help at all?
Reply 126

In the school we don't really think about who is posh and who is not, its not much of a factor. I don't think it is because its so international everyone has different accents and how much people's parents own and where they live is not much of an issue. Yes there are some really rich people, they are normally overseas students. But the majority are not overly posh. I guess there are a few people that look down their noses at others, noone likes them, they realise, then stop.

Does that help at all?

yeh that gr8 thanks. where r those international people mainly from ?
im an international student
Reply 127
Original post by ermjai
yeh that gr8 thanks. where r those international people mainly from ?
im an international student

well there are people from everywhere, one of my closest friends is from romania but lived in dubai, there are a lot of chinese in sixth form, russians, a few americans, a girl from belgium, france, africa, india. there are people from everywhere really, youll never feel left out or isolated because of where youre from, that just doesnt happen... unless you try to isolate yourself of course. oh quite a few germans come in sixth form too. i have so many foreign friends but i never think about that, where youre from is just never an issue :smile:
where are you from?
Reply 128

well there are people from everywhere, one of my closest friends is from romania but lived in dubai, there are a lot of chinese in sixth form, russians, a few americans, a girl from belgium, france, africa, india. there are people from everywhere really, youll never feel left out or isolated because of where youre from, that just doesnt happen... unless you try to isolate yourself of course. oh quite a few germans come in sixth form too. i have so many foreign friends but i never think about that, where youre from is just never an issue :smile:
where are you from?

What is squash and badminton like at skl ?
how many chinese r there usually ?
Reply 129
Original post by ermjai
What is squash and badminton like at skl ?
how many chinese r there usually ?

There is a badminton team and a squash team, there are four squash courts and badminton is played in the actual sports hall, i dont know if you have ever seen it? there is the option to play badminton or squash as your sports option, i have friends who do, and on our sports days, as it is netball this term, badminton is usually played early, before netball, therefore finishes quite early, squash finishes pretty early sometimes, which gives you time to catch up on work, go into town etc. Well in yr 11 atm there are about 10 chinese i guess? In sixth form i know for a fact that a lot more come in. but then there are people from all over the world who come to study at sevenoaks. Have i answered your questions? sorry i havent replied, been busy :/
Reply 130

Hi, Im joining Sevenoaks for the sixth form in September and I was wondering (if you board) what the boarding is like?
Reply 131

There is a badminton team and a squash team, there are four squash courts and badminton is played in the actual sports hall, i dont know if you have ever seen it? there is the option to play badminton or squash as your sports option, i have friends who do, and on our sports days, as it is netball this term, badminton is usually played early, before netball, therefore finishes quite early, squash finishes pretty early sometimes, which gives you time to catch up on work, go into town etc. Well in yr 11 atm there are about 10 chinese i guess? In sixth form i know for a fact that a lot more come in. but then there are people from all over the world who come to study at sevenoaks. Have i answered your questions? sorry i havent replied, been busy :/

yeh its fine thanks
thats alot of chinese
.........:frown:
but i suppose its an internationl kind of skl
everything would be different from what im at now
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 132
honestly its fine, there are a lot of others who arent chinese :tongue: i have chinese friends, yeah im actually leaving sevenoaks at the end of this year. what do you mean? what is it like where you are?
well, your gonna be going into lower sixth, so ill probs see you when i come to see my friends :smile:
Reply 133
Original post by BomBom
Hi, Im joining Sevenoaks for the sixth form in September and I was wondering (if you board) what the boarding is like?

Oh no i dont board, but i have a lot of friends who bored. both pg and sennocke are very different, but both equally lovely houses. have you seen either of them? pg is a beautiful house, which someone bought and gave to sevenoaks i think... and in sixth form you get your own room like in sennocke. i have friends in both houses and go to both a lot. but if i were to choose id board at pg. but thats not to say that sennocke is a bad house. where will you be boarding? oh sennocke is closer to the main part of school which is a bonus
Reply 134
Oh no i dont board, but i have a lot of friends who bored. both pg and sennocke are very different, but both equally lovely houses. have you seen either of them? pg is a beautiful house, which someone bought and gave to sevenoaks i think... and in sixth form you get your own room like in sennocke. i have friends in both houses and go to both a lot. but if i were to choose id board at pg. but thats not to say that sennocke is a bad house. where will you be boarding? oh sennocke is closer to the main part of school which is a bonus

Yeah I had a look round sennocke I think and it looked pretty nice! I think I'm in the girls international house.. What's that house like?
Reply 135
Original post by BomBom
Yeah I had a look round sennocke I think and it looked pretty nice! I think I'm in the girls international house.. What's that house like?

Oh wow really?! I'm pretty sure that house is so nice, thing is its only for sixth formers so I've never been in and only new girls who come in sixth form can board at GIH, it has a beautiful garden and hedges and from the outside it really looks so good, its got patio chairs and tables which is lovely in the summer and next to sennocke, so a big lawn to laze around on in the summer, honestly if it's as nice on the inside as what it looks like on the outside, it will be lovely, and all the girls in your year in GIH will be new. It's really close to town as well. And as its next to sennocke, closer to the main part of the school. I'm pretty sure there are pics on the Sevenoaks website, have you checked them out?
Reply 136

y r u leaving sevenoaks ?
Reply 137
Original post by ermjai
y r u leaving sevenoaks ?

going to westminster school in london.
Reply 138
i've applied to sevenoaks for sixth form- is it hard to get in?! i'm worried about the entrance exams! also, has anyone heard of chaterhouse? i'm also applying there.
Reply 139
Original post by renren
i've applied to sevenoaks for sixth form- is it hard to get in?! i'm worried about the entrance exams! also, has anyone heard of chaterhouse? i'm also applying there.

I'm at Sevenoaks, in my final year. Yeh I think it's quite competive, and the guys who join in the sixth form are really bright. I've been to charterhouse on sports matches. I much prefer Sevenoaks. Good Luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending