Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Liverpool 2012 Applicants!! Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I should create this as I can't find one already.
    Post your GCSEs, AS's, A2 predictions, what you're applying for and why you have chosen (are choosing) Liverpool . Oh and your other choices as well.

Me:

GCSE: A*A*AAAABBBB
    AS: AABB (History, Biology, Chemistry, Government & Politics) - 91% average in Hist
    A2 predictions: AAA
    Course: History single honours (V100)
    Why: Loved it on open day, excellent halls and interesting department
    Choices: York, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Queens Belfast (all for Hist)

UCAS is getting sent away on Monday :eek::eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hi

GCSE: 9A* 1A
    AS: 4A (Eng Lit, French, History, Latin)
    A2 predictions: 3A*
    Course: Classics
    Why: Good course, love the city and have family there, really liked the department on open day
    Choices: Oxford, Durham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds

Got an email from Liverpool to say they'd received my application this morning, now anxious to hear from the others!

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: ABBBCCCCC
    AS: BBCC
    A2 predictions: AAB
    Course: Maths (G100)
    Why: Looks really cool plus a great Maths course and department. Worried though I won't get a offer because last year 1057 applicants applied for 143 places and it's even more competitive this year!!! :'O

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: A*AAAABBBCC
    A LEVEL: AABC
    COURSES: Biological Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences
    CHOICES: Kent, Cardiff, Lancaster and 2 coursed in Liverpool
    Great uni in a fantastic location for me Does anyone know how quick they are with making decisions? I'm so nervous haha and I really hope they let me in :P

Already completed my A levels and on a gap year :P

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: A*ABBBBBBBBCC

AS: AACD (Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics)

Predicted: AAA (Maths, Further Maths and Economics)

Course: Maths

Requirements: ABB

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: A*A*AAAAABBBB

AS: BBC (English Lang, Psychology, Biology)

A2 predictions: AAB

Course: Law (M100)

ReputationRep:
    GCSE, AS, and choice can be seen in my spoiler..

but yeah just loved Liverpool after visiting..

applying for Microbiology C500.

required ABB.
    predicted AAA.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 8A* 3A
    AS: ABBB
    Course: Hopefully Biology MSci

GCSE: A*AAAAABBBBC
    AS: AABB (psychology media biology geography)
    A2 predictions: AAAB
    Course: Combined Hons (BCG0 - Biology and Psychology)
    Why: I live near it! So I can commute
    Choices: Liverpool, Oxford, LJMU, Lancaster (x2)

I GOT AN OFFER AAB, very happy! good luck to everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetobbit)
    Just thought I should create this as I can't find one already.
    Post your GCSEs, AS's, A2 predictions, what you're applying for and why you have chosen (are choosing) Liverpool . Oh and your other choices as well.

Me:

GCSE: A*A*AAAABBBB
    AS: AABB (History, Biology, Chemistry, Government & Politics) - 91% average in Hist
    Course: History single honours (V100)
    Why: Loved it on open day, excellent halls and interesting department
    Choices: York, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Queens Belfast (all for Hist)

UCAS is getting sent away on Monday :eek::eek::eek:
    Who negged me and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calamitysarah)
    GCSE: A*AAAAABBBBC
    AS: AABB (psychology media biology geography)
    A2 predictions: AAAB
    Course: Combined Hons (BCG0 - Biology and Psychology)
    Why: I live near it! So I can commute
    Choices: Liverpool, Oxford, LJMU, Lancaster (x2)

I GOT AN OFFER AAB, very happy! good luck to everyone else
    Wow! Already?? Congrats! When did you send your ucas off? Where are you hoping to go? I see you must also be keen on Lancaster as well For me Lancaster and Liverpool are my two top choices! So far I have only received acknowledgement from Liverpool and nothing from Lancaster :P

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Biochemistry - ABB!

(Original post by christaphwoar)
    Wow! Already?? Congrats! When did you send your ucas off? Where are you hoping to go? I see you must also be keen on Lancaster as well For me Lancaster and Liverpool are my two top choices! So far I have only received acknowledgement from Liverpool and nothing from Lancaster :P
    Yes I got one from Liverpool John moores also( hopefully my insurance they only want me to get CCDD!) sent on the 3rd October and I got the offer on the 14th I didn't get an official acknowledgment from Lancaster but I got a letter through the post from the disability team just saying hi, I don't know I think it was computer generated.. So I know they have my application

Are you from the north-west then? I have no idea what I will do if I get offers from Lancaster too I love the idea of living at home still, but Lancaster's so nice.. we'll see!

(Original post by Jackasaurus Rex)
    congrats maybe you'll be in a few of my lectures! (if we get in )

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I am a first year at Liverpool. If you have any questions about accomodation, fresher's week, the social life, the city or anything really about uni, feel free to ask. I hope I can help.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I got one from Liverpool John moores also( hopefully my insurance they only want me to get CCDD!) sent on the 3rd October and I got the offer on the 14th I didn't get an official acknowledgment from Lancaster but I got a letter through the post from the disability team just saying hi, I don't know I think it was computer generated.. So I know they have my application

Are you from the north-west then? I have no idea what I will do if I get offers from Lancaster too I love the idea of living at home still, but Lancaster's so nice.. we'll see!
    I'm from North Wales so Liverpool is one of the nearest big cities to me and I love it! The university is awesome as well And wow I'm really jealous of your offers :P I'm on a gap year atm so it's so hard having to wait an extra year to go to uni :P Hopefully my decision will come through soon as mine was sent last week and I applied for biological sciences and biological and medical sciences which is probably similar department to you And Hopefully the decision will be a good one :P

(Original post by christaphwoar)
    I'm from North Wales so Liverpool is one of the nearest big cities to me and I love it! The university is awesome as well And wow I'm really jealous of your offers :P I'm on a gap year atm so it's so hard having to wait an extra year to go to uni :P Hopefully my decision will come through soon as mine was sent last week and I applied for biological sciences and biological and medical sciences which is probably similar department to you And Hopefully the decision will be a good one :P
    Ooh. I'm trying to think of a sheep joke but I have brain fade
    You're my age then, I re-sat year 12 If I end up going there we should organise a TSR meet-up so I can make friends because I'll be commuting It is the same department I think the biology for combined hons lets me go down whichever genetics/biochemistry/zoology route in the second and third years fingers crossed you get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    congrats maybe you'll be in a few of my lectures! (if we get in )
    That is true, where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackasaurus Rex)
    I got the same offer today congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdavies60)
    I got the same offer today congrats!
    Winning! Where else did you apply?

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.