The Student Room Group

TfL (Transport For London) graduate scheme - 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wastelandbliss
Hey Guys

I have got through to the online test (bit of a miracle as its the 3rd consecutive year I have applied) and just did the practice one on SHL.

Very hard!

I got 29%, 15 correct out of 22 I answered. 36 questions in total.

Has anyone else done the practice test?

Does anyone know what the required pass mark is for the actual tfl one?

How do you know what you got on the online test? Did they send an email? I did mine on the 10th Jan, but can't remember getting results back.
I have applied for LU PM - got through to online testing and I have completed the practice but not the real thing yet. The practice from SHL for LU-PM is just verbal reasoning. 34 questions in 20 minutes, and a new peice of text to read and comprehend every 2 questions.
It was hard!
Original post by hollyhiccups
I have applied for LU PM - got through to online testing and I have completed the practice but not the real thing yet. The practice from SHL for LU-PM is just verbal reasoning. 34 questions in 20 minutes, and a new peice of text to read and comprehend every 2 questions.
It was hard!

Hey I thought the test for LU PM was a numerical reasoning test, not verbal?
Original post by cheekygirl11
How do you know what you got on the online test? Did they send an email? I did mine on the 10th Jan, but can't remember getting results back.

I would log back into SHL and it should have a link to your results where it lists the tests you have completed.

Hey I thought the test for LU PM was a numerical reasoning test, not verbal?

I expected a numerical too - but all that SHL gave me for the practice was verbal. Doing the actaul test this afternoon so will let you all know after Ive done it.
Reply 45
Wow, it's not something I would be interested in but AMAZING benefits!
I expected a numerical too - but all that SHL gave me for the practice was verbal. Doing the actaul test this afternoon so will let you all know after Ive done it.

Cool that will be a help , good luck!

Havent you done a numerical practice before? I just selected a numerical one when I logged in to SHL. Might be worth doing a practice numerical just in case
as on the link
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/microsites/graduates/639.asp#Online_ability_testing lists it just lists numerical test or inductive reasoning, not verbal as such..

How do you feel about it - confident?

Cool that will be a help , good luck!

Havent you done a numerical practice before? I just selected a numerical one when I logged in to SHL. Might be worth doing a practice numerical just in case
as on the link
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/microsites/graduates/639.asp#Online_ability_testing lists it just lists numerical test or inductive reasoning, not verbal as such..

How do you feel about it - confident?

I have had to register again at SHL to get the numerical test.... weird. I imagine the actual real test will have a mix of questions? Anybody done the actual real test yet? How long is it??
Reply 48
I'm glad others haven't had any sort of reply from TfL either, makes me feel a bit better! I have applied for Transport Planning for Surface Transport too. Can anyone tell me how I can log back into my TfL account where it tells you the status of your application please? I can't seem to find how to get onto it
Reply 49
Original post by rooroo14
I'm glad others haven't had any sort of reply from TfL either, makes me feel a bit better! I have applied for Transport Planning for Surface Transport too. Can anyone tell me how I can log back into my TfL account where it tells you the status of your application please? I can't seem to find how to get onto it

When I did the practice test it only told me what percentage I got correct and said that not enough people had done the test to give me a percentile score (this was on wednesday). Nevermind, good luck people!
Original post by 01rorlin

Original post by 01rorlin
When I did the practice test it only told me what percentage I got correct and said that not enough people had done the test to give me a percentile score (this was on wednesday). Nevermind, good luck people!

Did you just have to do numerical reasoning?
Any ideas what sort of per centage you need to get through usually?
Reply 51
Did you just have to do numerical reasoning?
Any ideas what sort of per centage you need to get through usually?

I just did numerical reasoning but that was for customer service delivery. I got something like 60% correct in the practice but I don't know what I got in the real thing.

you can log into your account here

https://graduates.tfl.gov.uk/Intake1011/Grad/Login.aspx

I have tried to log in but i can't remember my log in password, tried clicking the 'forgotten password' link but I don't get a password reminder or reset email in my inbox.

I think i'm going to email the [email protected] address given in my application confirmation email if I don't hear anything by close of play tomorrow, I'm just concerned that I am not getting anything from them in my inbox as my uni email address has an apostrophe in it and I know from experience some email servers don't recognise it as a valid address (damn irish lineage:smile:)

If anyone else that has applied for transport planning hears anything back will you post on here so I know if i've missed something. thanks in advance.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Double maxim

Original post by Double maxim
you can log into your account here

https://graduates.tfl.gov.uk/Intake1011/Grad/Login.aspx

I have tried to log in but i can't remember my log in password, tried clicking the 'forgotten password' link but I don't get a password reminder or reset email in my inbox.

I think i'm going to email the [email protected] address given in my application confirmation email if I don't hear anything by close of play tomorrow, I'm just concerned that I am not getting anything from them in my inbox as my uni email address has an apostrophe in it and I know from experience some email servers don't recognise it as a valid address (damn irish lineage:smile:)

If anyone else that has applied for transport planning hears anything back will you post on here so I know if i've missed something. thanks in advance.

Thank you for the link :smile: it won't let me log in either and I know that my password is right and the 'forgot password' link won't work either :frown: bit annoying but oh well.

Yea I think that might be a good shout, I would just like to know either way so I don't feel like I'm just sitting here waiting to hear from them.
Thank you for the link :smile: it won't let me log in either and I know that my password is right and the 'forgot password' link won't work either :frown: bit annoying but oh well.

Yeah I think that might be a good shout, I would just like to know either way so I don't feel like I'm just sitting here waiting to hear from them.

ah right, well thats good to know. they probably just have our accounts on hold while the decisions are made.
I would log back into SHL and it should have a link to your results where it list the tests you have completed.

sorry read your other post wrong... you were talking about the practise test. I just searched for ages trying to find the answers to the real test before re reading it and realising.

Good luck with the test :smile: I have my telephone interview tomorrow afternoon. Can't believe how many stages there are for everything these days. Just feels like the process doesn't end.
Reply 56

Yea I think that might be a good shout, I would just like to know either way so I don't feel like I'm just sitting here waiting to hear from them.

That is the wrong log-in. The correct one is here: https://tflcandidate.gradweb.uk.com/Graduates2012/Login.aspx?cookieCheck=true
Reply 57
Original post by chrisb23

Original post by chrisb23

Thank you! that one did work which is all good :smile: unfortunately there has been no update on my status yet though. So glad that I can log in and check now though :smile:
Reply 58
Ok, I've just completed the online test for LU - PM and it was only a numerical test. Found it ok but took too long on a couple of questions. Think I'll fear the worst and be nicely suprised if I get through to the telephone interview!!

For those asking about the ST - TP scheme it looks like there will be online testing w/c 23/01 - subject to change.

Good luck to all!!
Reply 59
Original post by osatom
I have done the test, the numerical test was hard, not enough time to do all the questions and I panicked at the last 5 questions n just guessed so i don't think i ll get through to next stage...... but the inductive test wasn't as bad. All the best guys!

Which scheme did you apply for Osatom? I got the impression there would be two tests but I only did the numerical one......perhaps that means my score wasn't good enough :frown: Oh well, time will tell!!

Quick Reply

Latest