The Student Room Group

What do you think of Ed Sheeran?

If you're outside the UK or just haven't heard him:

Just wondering 'cause everyone I know IRL loves him but a lot of the people I know online hate him.

Whether you love/hate him, could you explain why? Curious.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

He is awesome.
Reply 2
I think he has no soul.
Reply 3
I've never actually listened to any of his songs. I saw him on "Something for the Weekend" though and he seemed alright. There's like a massive hype about him atm...
****, dunno why everyone is gassed off him. Well, I get why suburban kids and that like him but I don't really get why all these people in grime did collabs with him and ****. Maybe they thought it was a way into the mainstream.
(edited 12 years ago)
LOVE :love:
meh
Reply 7
Bad.
just a s*** Jamie T.
Reply 9
he's a shaven urban angel coming ready to die, ofc i <3 him.
Reply 10
he's a ranga sir!
He's great in my opinion, absolutely brilliant live.
"They say I'm up and coming like I'm f****ng in an elevator"

Great lyric! :smile:
Rubbish, commercial, generic and mainstream. Just silly sheep that are conditioned to like music and artists like him, that's all.
Reply 14
I haven't really listened to him and if I'm honest, "The A Team" is seriously overplayed and really gets on my tits. That video was pretty good though.
I have a man-crush on him.
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Rubbish, commercial, generic and mainstream. Just silly sheep that are conditioned to like music and artists like him, that's all.

Hipster rage?
Reply 17
Scrawny little ginger kid without an ounce of originality
He doesn't interest me much and I personally don't really get the hype, probably just because he's not really my thing :dontknow:
Original post by JCC-MGS
****, dunno why everyone is gassed off him. Well, I get why suburban kids and that like him but I don't really get why all these people in grime did collabs with him and ****. Maybe they thought it was a way into the mainstream.

The grime artists that collabed with him were already better known than him at the time. :dontknow:

Especially JME and Ghetts.

I think he's excellent at songwriting, and his collaborations are excellent, particularly Young Guns (Lewi White/Yasmin/Devlin), Family (P Money) and Goodbye To You (Dot Rotten), but I'm not a great fan of his solo stuff.

Sofa is quite a good song though.

Plus listening to him introduced me to Mikill Pane who is really very good.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply