The Student Room Group

What do you think of Ed Sheeran?

Scroll to see replies

I love him
Reply 21
I'm from the US and I have heard a lot of his music.

I think he is very talented. Have you seen his performance here: http://gozie.com/video/Y4X6Y4M17NU9/SBTV-EXCLUSIVE--Ed-Sheeran--You-Need-Me-I-Dont-Need-You-Acoustic AMAZING.
hope he isn't a one hit wonder
He's good musically, although he went to my high school and he's an arrogant d*ck in person.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Talented but overrated.
Original post by Lights
I haven't really listened to him and if I'm honest, "The A Team" is seriously overplayed and really gets on my tits. That video was pretty good though.

As much as I hate his songs......

Hipster much?
WAS absolutely awesome. But I think he's been getting too mainstream and poppy lately. :/
Original post by saberahmed786
hope he isn't a one hit wonder

Given that he's already had two UK top 5 hits, there's very little chance of that.
Original post by marcusmerehay
The grime artists that collabed with him were already better known than him at the time. :dontknow:

Especially JME and Ghetts.

I think he's excellent at songwriting, and his collaborations are excellent, particularly Young Guns (Lewi White/Yasmin/Devlin), Family (P Money) and Goodbye To You (Dot Rotten), but I'm not a great fan of his solo stuff.

Sofa is quite a good song though.

Plus listening to him introduced me to Mikill Pane who is really very good.

Yeah at the time they were, but their popularity was still relative. I could tell when Sheeran started doing his collabs that he was gonna be big because he appeals to the indie market as well as giving them this image of grime in a 'safe', sanitised format. I think the MCs who did collabs with him knew this, it's a business. Iunno though, that's just my feeling.
Reply 29
Hipster magnet imo
I saw him live XD
But i'm from the U.K so i guess it doesn't count?
I really like him. The A Team is by far his worst song. There's always a backlash against something that's popular, ***** that think they are non-conformist.
Reply 32
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
I saw him live XD
But i'm from the U.K so i guess it doesn't count?

Nonono, I want everyone's opinions!
Is ambivalence an option?

Much as I'm loving the highly nuanced Marmite responses thus far.
unfff
I had a dream last night he was on my uni course, and I went to his wedding and he was marrying Lily from How I Met Your Mother, I was the chief bridesmaid :awesome:

I don't really like his music that much though.
Reply 36
Original post by dunnicare
As much as I hate his songs......

Hipster much?

Haha! You reckon? A Team is overplayed though. Especially when I have to listen to the same local radio station all day every day at work. A lot of my uni friends like him I just haven't really paid him any attention, s'all. He's just sort of....there.
Reply 37
Alright singer and musician but he seems to have become entirely unoriginal and limited stylistically.
he's ginger.
Reply 39
I like him - he seems really effortless

Quick Reply

Latest