The Student Room Group

What do you think of Ed Sheeran?

Scroll to see replies

Ed Sheeran? White lips, pale face.
Reply 61
I ****ing love the ginger bastard
Original post by I Persia I
I swear it sounds better out loud. :colonhash:

You're the one from Birmingham, your gully talk is probably leagues ahead of mine.
Reply 63
his music is really over produced, i think he is talented and has a nice voice but his songs are far too soppy and urgh irritating people like him which irritates me
Reply 64
I do like him but do think a team has been overplayed
I like the meanings behind each song...it makes the lyrics more meaningful
I also prefer the original 'you need me' rather than the newest version...should have left that song alone
My eyes are Red!
(edited 12 years ago)
Anybody who can write lyrics like "I'm up and coming like I'm ****ing in an elevator" and "Slowly sinking, wasting / Crumbling like pastries" deserves to die a long and agonising death.

And a lot of his songs are so ****ing stupid and poorly written that they don't actually make sense. "You need me, man, I don't need you / Until you need me, man, I don't need you". What? Haven't you just contradicted yourself there?

Although anyone arrogant enough to devote a whole song to slagging off other artists and claiming that he "don't need another wordsmith to make the tune sell" but shares writing credits with someone else on most of his songs can't be too bright.

In other words, no, I don't like him.
Reply 66
Haven't really listened to him, but REALLY was not a fan of the A team.
It just sounded horribly nicey-nice & radio friendly for the subject. It was too full of euphimism, it felt like he was more bothered about it not getting bleeped than drug-dependent young prostitutes (If you listen to little lady w/ mikill pane, it was originally written about a 13 yo getting pimped by her uncle, no mention of 'since 18').
I heard it first on the radio, all the dj had to say was 'what a beautiful song', people even texted in to say that it had brightened their day! While I'm was sitting there, jaw on the floor, feeling like such a **** for not volunteering in a homeless shelter every waking hour.

Just a few thoughts.
Reply 67
I like the Nandos Skank. That's all I've actually heard from him.
Original post by JCC-MGS
You're the one from Birmingham, your gully talk is probably leagues ahead of mine.

Yeah fam you get me, all the gyal 'round here are are PIFFTING. Well I must say I am learned in the art of gully lingo, you get me bredrin ODT all day everyday droppin' an F64 soon fam don't watch it Thugg Narsty on the scene dun'knoe. :colonhash:
Reply 69
Class.
Reply 70
Don't get what the fuss about.
All the hype drives me crazy, I'm Scottish too so it feels like he's in my face all the time.
Reply 71
massive knob. Don't care that he's Scottish, I am too. Big deal.
Reply 72
Original post by purple_starlight
I don't understand why there's so much hype about him. When I first heard "The A team", I liked it but then the radio kept playing it again and again and again and again...and it's starting to get annoying as it's a good song but it's over hyped too much.

I've heard that other song too....is is "You need me, I don't need you" or something?? Well, I've heard it a few times and I can't get into it really. I also think it's weird how he's rapping and singing about his fame and achievements already when he's only just really entered this new fame and limelight. I understand that the things he's singing about are based upon his journey to get where he is now....but to me it still seems very pretentious.

He's okay, he seems like a nice guy and everything but I hate the fact everyone is so "in love" with him. Some people seem to only "love" him because their friends do. There are so many legends in music and although he's a good music artist with a different style...I don't think he'll be one that we'll think of in years to come from now as one of the GREATS. That's just my opinion anyway.

I think that's song is about someone he wrote for screwing him over or something? That's what I got from the lyrics I can understand anyway :tongue:
Reply 73
i think he's good but overrated, -his songs are good ideas but lack real depth which probably comes from a lack of experience-he did blow up over night though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Found out about him last year, when he was known as the ginger kid who hangs around with Devlin. Didn't think that much of The A Team, but one of my friends posted this tune on facebook which I thought was awesome, and now I've got pretty much most of his stuff, apart from the really old EPs

Reply 75
Original post by Devil's Advocate
Anybody who can write lyrics like "I'm up and coming like I'm ****ing in an elevator" and "Slowly sinking, wasting / Crumbling like pastries" deserves to die a long and agonising death.

And a lot of his songs are so ****ing stupid and poorly written that they don't actually make sense. "You need me, man, I don't need you / Until you need me, man, I don't need you". What? Haven't you just contradicted yourself there?

Although anyone arrogant enough to devote a whole song to slagging off other artists and claiming that he "don't need another wordsmith to make the tune sell" but shares writing credits with someone else on most of his songs can't be too bright.

In other words, no, I don't like him.

lol..... i actually like that .:redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Garbage NME pleb-core
I like You Need Me but that's his only song I've heard.
Reply 78
A mainstreamer posing as a credible musician.

Is it new? Is it art?

Not really.
Reply 79
"Crumbling like pastries."

I guess that is quite new, with some early teen novelty.

Quick Reply

Latest