The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by khaiser turian
This person in your school, do you know what course they have applied for?
I thought that they would only give out offers before January for certain courses

He applied for Geography and Economics, joint honours, I think. I applied for English.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 121
Original post by Mark3099
Got an unconditional for law today, pretty happy!

Well done! ive applied for law :smile: whats your grades ?
Reply 122
Original post by cncll
Are they sending offers already? ;o I thought they're gonna wait till 15th January...

I think they may be sending out a few unconditional offers for some subjects, but I think they will be sending conditional offers out, the 3rd week of January. So we have a little wait yet.
Reply 123
Original post by kirsti
Well done! ive applied for law :smile: whats your grades ?

Thanks! I have 4A's (English, History, Maths and Chemistry) and 1 B in biology! Where are you planning on going? Have you heard from anywhere else? :smile:
Reply 124
Thanks! I have 4A's (English, History, Maths and Chemistry) and 1 B in biology! Where are you planning on going? Have you heard from anywhere else? :smile:

aw nice one :smile: ehm, ive applied to edinburgh, aberdeen, dundee, rob gord and stirling but i only wanna go to aberdeen or edinburgh. i wont get into edinburgh so i'll most likely be going to aberdeen! :smile: if i get an offer... i was an idiot and didnt study last year haha. whats your first choice ? :smile:
Reply 125
Original post by kirsti
aw nice one :smile: ehm, ive applied to edinburgh, aberdeen, dundee, rob gord and stirling but i only wanna go to aberdeen or edinburgh. i wont get into edinburgh so i'll most likely be going to aberdeen! :smile: if i get an offer... i was an idiot and didnt study last year haha. whats your first choice ? :smile:

Nice, i'm sure you'll be fine. I really want to go to Edinburgh, but I have an offer for Strathclyde and that's pretty local so I don't know what to do. I suppose I'd really like to go to Edinburgh, I think it's the best in Scotland but i'm not sure? Do you know anyone that has any offers for any Scottish unis? :biggrin:
Nice, i'm sure you'll be fine. I really want to go to Edinburgh, but I have an offer for Strathclyde and that's pretty local so I don't know what to do. I suppose I'd really like to go to Edinburgh, I think it's the best in Scotland but i'm not sure? Do you know anyone that has any offers for any Scottish unis? :biggrin:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Funny.
Reply 127
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Funny.

What is? :s-smilie:
Reply 128
What is? :s-smilie:

Think they just meant that there's a lot of debate about what's the best university in Scotland, there's a thread on it and everything. Edinburgh's my favorite too, and it's awesome! :smile: Though of course St. Andrews, Aberdeen and Glasgow are excellent too.
Reply 129

well if you have the opportunity to go to edinburgh then i'd definetly go for it. and yeah league tables say its the best but as the huge big debate goes, league tables are ****. as glasgow, edinburgh + aberdeen are the oldest they're usually seen as the more prestigious unis. just depends what you want from student life i guess. their all few and far between. And nopes i dont! even people who have straight A's in my school havent heard anything for law (n)
Reply 130
Got an offer for Geology today :biggrin: (ABB). Made up. Has anyone else? x
Reply 131
Original post by rachel260
Got an offer for Geology today :biggrin: (ABB). Made up. Has anyone else? x

Whaaaaaaat! Now I won't be able to sleep. When did you send your app?
Reply 132
Original post by cncll
Whaaaaaaat! Now I won't be able to sleep. When did you send your app?

Hiya

I received an offer for Geology/Petroleum Geology yesterday! I sent my app off on Nov 21st by the way. I am so pleased. So maybe you should be hearing soon.
Reply 133
Original post by NHAY86
Hiya

I received an offer for Geology/Petroleum Geology yesterday! I sent my app off on Nov 21st by the way. I am so pleased. So maybe you should be hearing soon.

Oh thank you so much (; I've sent mine on Nov 11th. I'm freaking out already, oops. (;
Got offer for Biology today :smile: BBB for first year and ABB including Chem and Biol for Second :smile:
Reply 135
Got my offer for Physics today! :biggrin: It's my insurance (realistic...) choice so I'm very relieved ~
Reply 136
Original post by JoeSavage150
Got offer for Biology today :smile: BBB for first year and ABB including Chem and Biol for Second :smile:

:h: Congratulations! I'm applying for biology as well, when did you apply?
Original post by CJRyan
:h: Congratulations! I'm applying for biology as well, when did you apply?

I applied on the 8th of November :smile:
BBB offer for Biochemistry :smile:

Don't know if I'll go to Scotland though, an extra £9000 for the same degree as the 3 year in England? Not so good.
Original post by cyclic.strawberry
BBB offer for Biochemistry :smile:

Don't know if I'll go to Scotland though, an extra £9000 for the same degree as the 3 year in England? Not so good.

Aberdeen won't be charging you £36,000. Their funding plans reflect the fact that Scottish degrees are one year longer, so effectively you get 4 years for the price of 3.

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/sras/news/849/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending