The Student Room Group

Am I getting the right amount of student finance?

Hey, I just wanted to check with other students whether my student maintenence grant seems about right; I received the maximum grant last year of about £3,000 as my household income was less than 25k. This year I think it's at about 27k including a few thousand from a pension but I'm only receiving £300 in grant. Seeing as grants go up to about 50k I thought it was a quite a drastic difference. I'm double checking with my dad about the exact figures but does a £300 grant for the year seem about right for an income under 30k? Thanks!! ^_^
Isn't there a page on the Direct Gov website where you can put in your details and it will tell how much Student Finance you would be entitled to.
Not actually in the application itself, but a Calculator type thing - if that's still there try that and see how much you should have got.

If you were entitled to more I doubt you would be able to get it this year as I believe all offers are final when Student Finance send you the contract that you have to sign and return.
Reply 2
Original post by Greeny442
Isn't there a page on the Direct Gov website where you can put in your details and it will tell how much Student Finance you would be entitled to.
Not actually in the application itself, but a Calculator type thing - if that's still there try that and see how much you should have got.

If you were entitled to more I doubt you would be able to get it this year as I believe all offers are final when Student Finance send you the contract that you have to sign and return.

Ah thanks; I checked it and I'd apparently need more than £45,000 a year to get what I'm getting at the moment o.o
I haven't signed a contract after I've been sent the breakdown of what I've been recieving, just the one when sending off to apply for it. I don't remember getting one last year either. Guess I'll be on the phone to SLC tomorrow ><"
Offers are not final, you can always apply to be reassessed and means tested as long as the correct evidence is provided. Reassessments are performed all the time at SFE.

I would ring them and check as that seems a little strange.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending