The Student Room Group

Business and Management applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

I applied in october and heard back in early january.
Original post by knight9434
when did you hear back?[/QUO

I applied in october and heard back in early January
Reply 202
Original post by imonlylittle
WOW! Unconditional to Strathclyde today, aah!
I got AAABC last year, met the entry requirements though never expected unconditional! sent my application away send of november, so glad to hear back! :smile:

I got a conditional to Strathclyde as well yesterday! I was a bit confused because I did all my exams already. The condition is to prove my grades and give evidence.
Do you know if you're definitely going? :smile:
Original post by alaska.
I got a conditional to Strathclyde as well yesterday! I was a bit confused because I did all my exams already. The condition is to prove my grades and give evidence.
Do you know if you're definitely going? :smile:

well done! :smile:
not sure yet, still need to decide between glasgow and strathclyde (glasgow good for management and better for economics, strath good for economics and better for economics) soo need to figure it out!
take it strathclyde is your firm?
Reply 204
well done! :smile:
not sure yet, still need to decide between glasgow and strathclyde (glasgow good for management and better for economics, strath good for economics and better for economics) soo need to figure it out!
take it strathclyde is your firm?

My only other choice really is studying in Germany then. I wanted to get into Edinburgh's Business School, but I didn't get in. I heard that Strathclyde should be really good and invested a lot into the Business School. It's the only offer I got (as I applied for three courses for Edinburgh) :biggrin: So yeah, I have till May to decide if I'm going :smile: Think I will be though. Studying abroad must be such an experience!!
Btw, do you mean that Strath is better for Management? (Cos you repeated yourself!) That would be suitable for me as this is more the direction I would like to go into.
Reply 205
can anyone just give an insight on how UCL is in Management.
Postgraduate Course : MSc Management.
Original post by alaska.
My only other choice really is studying in Germany then. I wanted to get into Edinburgh's Business School, but I didn't get in. I heard that Strathclyde should be really good and invested a lot into the Business School. It's the only offer I got (as I applied for three courses for Edinburgh) :biggrin: So yeah, I have till May to decide if I'm going :smile: Think I will be though. Studying abroad must be such an experience!!
Btw, do you mean that Strath is better for Management? (Cos you repeated yourself!) That would be suitable for me as this is more the direction I would like to go into.

I havent heard back from edinburgh yet, but strathclyde is known as a lot better for business and has a good reputation :smile:
Yeah i did, woops haha silly me! xD
I'm not sure what i want to do, im hoping uni will help me figure that out haha :biggrin:
If you do decide to go there message me and keep in touch? Would be good to know someone for if I go :smile:
Reply 207
I havent heard back from edinburgh yet, but strathclyde is known as a lot better for business and has a good reputation :smile:
Yeah i did, woops haha silly me! xD
I'm not sure what i want to do, im hoping uni will help me figure that out haha :biggrin:
If you do decide to go there message me and keep in touch? Would be good to know someone for if I go :smile:

Sure thing, would be nice to know somebody in advance :smile: Ah, probably a good thing though, most of the rejections from Edinburgh have already been sent out. So you might be lucky :wink: However if you prefer Glasgow anyway you don't need to stress yourself too much!
I think it is not too hard to change between the different courses in Strathclyde. I was thinking of switching too :wink:
Original post by alaska.
Sure thing, would be nice to know somebody in advance :smile: Ah, probably a good thing though, most of the rejections from Edinburgh have already been sent out. So you might be lucky :wink: However if you prefer Glasgow anyway you don't need to stress yourself too much!
I think it is not too hard to change between the different courses in Strathclyde. I was thinking of switching too :wink:

Well im not really wanting to go there (I cant do economics there, they want a B in higher maths and i got a C), but since Glasgow and Strath is better anyway i don't really mind - i just want to know if they want me xD
I prefer Edinburgh much better as a city, but Glasgow unis are better for business so im happy to live there :smile:
Once your into the business school at strath its easy to change courses because of the flexibility they offer - which is perfect for me cause i need to finalise what i want to do haha xD
what you thinking of switching?
Reply 209
Well im not really wanting to go there (I cant do economics there, they want a B in higher maths and i got a C), but since Glasgow and Strath is better anyway i don't really mind - i just want to know if they want me xD
I prefer Edinburgh much better as a city, but Glasgow unis are better for business so im happy to live there :smile:
Once your into the business school at strath its easy to change courses because of the flexibility they offer - which is perfect for me cause i need to finalise what i want to do haha xD
what you thinking of switching?

Ah right, I agree. I really enojyed Edinburgh as a city too, which was why I wanted to study there. But I looked at Glasgow yesterday and it is a lot nicer than I expected. I would like to have a bit more of a management base, I don't know, maybe joint honours with the course I applied to. But in general I like the idea of switching cos you might find out that you are not good at sth or don't enjoy sth ... :wink: What is your tendency atm?! Strathclyde or Glasgow?
WOW! Unconditional to Strathclyde today, aah!
I got AAABC last year, met the entry requirements though never expected unconditional! sent my application away send of november, so glad to hear back! :smile:

heyy! i've accepted my unconditional offer for economics & spanish at strathclyde and trying to find people doing similar courses and not having muuuuch luck at the minute. what is it you got an unconditional for? :biggrin: xxxx
Original post by alaska.
Ah right, I agree. I really enojyed Edinburgh as a city too, which was why I wanted to study there. But I looked at Glasgow yesterday and it is a lot nicer than I expected. I would like to have a bit more of a management base, I don't know, maybe joint honours with the course I applied to. But in general I like the idea of switching cos you might find out that you are not good at sth or don't enjoy sth ... :wink: What is your tendency atm?! Strathclyde or Glasgow?

Yeah i'm going to go there a lot in summer so i eventually fall in love with Glasgow xD
What is it you applied to? They let you choose 5 subjects in 1st year any and let you switch, theyre flexible that way thankfully!
Well i have done business at school for the past four years, and i'm good at it and dont want to give it up! Its just which area of business to go into lol and im doing economics this year and loving it and am good at that, but i still never know until i try out the other subjects at uni! :smile:
Hmmm... i was origionally strath but im beginning to lean more towards glasgow cause theyre better for economics and still really good for management, theyre known as well since they are one of the original uni's in scotland...and the elective subject thing is so much easier, and i hope to take up a language at uni so glasgow would be better for that :smile:
What about you, glasgow or strath? :biggrin:
Reply 212
Yeah i'm going to go there a lot in summer so i eventually fall in love with Glasgow xD
What is it you applied to? They let you choose 5 subjects in 1st year any and let you switch, theyre flexible that way thankfully!
Well i have done business at school for the past four years, and i'm good at it and dont want to give it up! Its just which area of business to go into lol and im doing economics this year and loving it and am good at that, but i still never know until i try out the other subjects at uni! :smile:
Hmmm... i was origionally strath but im beginning to lean more towards glasgow cause theyre better for economics and still really good for management, theyre known as well since they are one of the original uni's in scotland...and the elective subject thing is so much easier, and i hope to take up a language at uni so glasgow would be better for that :smile:
What about you, glasgow or strath? :biggrin:

I didn't apply to Glasgow, only to Strathclyde. So for me the decision is made. I only applied to Edinburgh, Oxford and Strathclyde (I assumed I would get into Edinburgh but turns out I didn't). I find Economics really interesting as well, but I am a bit afraid of the employability in my home country with that. There's more jobs going for people with Business Studies. But it doesn't really matter I guess as long as you are good at what you're doing :wink: And if you're good at Economics, why not?! :smile:
I like that Strathclyde is right in the city center of Glasgow. Makes it easy for friends and family to visit too :wink: Did you think about that too?! Westend or city center? :biggrin:
Reply 213
Just got an unconditional offer for Business studies from Lancaster. I applied for Business economics but I am open-minded so it's OK!!!

Anyone else planning to study in Lancasters management school? :smile:
Original post by Car0llle
Just got an unconditional offer for Business studies from Lancaster. I applied for Business economics but I am open-minded so it's OK!!!

Anyone else planning to study in Lancasters management school? :smile:

got an offer also for management- will be my insurance choice :smile:
Reply 215
Original post by Superwoman
got an offer also for management- will be my insurance choice :smile:

What is your firm then? What offer did you get?
Original post by alaska.
I didn't apply to Glasgow, only to Strathclyde. So for me the decision is made. I only applied to Edinburgh, Oxford and Strathclyde (I assumed I would get into Edinburgh but turns out I didn't). I find Economics really interesting as well, but I am a bit afraid of the employability in my home country with that. There's more jobs going for people with Business Studies. But it doesn't really matter I guess as long as you are good at what you're doing :wink: And if you're good at Economics, why not?! :smile:
I like that Strathclyde is right in the city center of Glasgow. Makes it easy for friends and family to visit too :wink: Did you think about that too?! Westend or city center? :biggrin:

So once you have your degree you think youll be going back home and not staying in the UK?
haha yeah! as long as you enjoy it :biggrin:
Yeah, but Glasgow Uni is in the nice part of Glasgow and looks like hogwarts xD
I'd probably prefer Westend, but City Centre is more convenient! But i think i'd rather live somewhere 'nice' :tongue:
Reply 217
I ve applied at

Warwick (AAA)
Bath (AAA)
lancaster
exeter
durham

for Bsc management

Ive already got my grades A*A*A .... n i wanted some help deciding between bath or warwick for the same course.... Im from INDIA and will be joinin this autumn

Please HELP!!!
Original post by Car0llle
What is your firm then? What offer did you get?

my firm will be York, and I got an offer of 32 IB points from Lancs :smile:
Reply 219
So once you have your degree you think youll be going back home and not staying in the UK?
haha yeah! as long as you enjoy it :biggrin:
Yeah, but Glasgow Uni is in the nice part of Glasgow and looks like hogwarts xD
I'd probably prefer Westend, but City Centre is more convenient! But i think i'd rather live somewhere 'nice' :tongue:

Not definitely, but if I want to I want to be able to do so. And I probably do postgrad afterwards :wink: Yeah, it does look pretty much like Hogwarts. I wish I would have at least applied to see what the outcome would have been! The Westend is very nice, been there a while ago and the Uni + Kelvingrove are impressive!! :smile: I wish you a nice time there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending