The Student Room Group

Business and Management applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by scaredofexams
Wow with your grades I think you'll be accpeted by all of those universities. Choose the one which you like the feel of :smile: If you don't want a HUGE uni then don't pick Manchester.

Unfortunately i live far far away from the UK so i haven't been able to visit any any of them :frown:

So far ive just been looking at pictures and videos of them :P
My application was sent today, I'm so nervous! Just one offer would make my life :redface:
Reply 42
I'm predicted AAB in business/economics/religious studies but am a bit tentative about these predictions having only received ABC at AS levels. While I'm hoping for AAB I think that ABC or even AAC is more likely for me. Really regretting choosing R.S - but my other choice was a D at AS.

Applying for Management and Information Technology at:
Lancaster - ABB
Bristol, WoE - BBB
Hertfordshire -BBC
Oxford Brookes -BBC
Edge Hill - CCC

I particularly like the feel of Lancaster, and am really hoping to get the grades for it - but Hertfordshire would probably be my second choice based on the feel of the uni if I don't make it to first choice. The rest are based on me liking the specific subject course of Business and IT they offer.

Still doing my application, but hope to send it off within a week or two once it's all checked over and PS is finished.
I'm predicted AAA-b. At the moment its possible I'll get A*AA-b.
Kings is my top choice at the moment. I was kind of heartbroken when I found out I couldn't apply to Warwick, didn't have Maths A-Level. They said if i didn't offer maths i'd need to get an A in my A2 physics... which just wasn't going to happen.

I also applied to Exeter, Nottingham, Loughborough and Reading. If anyone has any information about their experience of the business courses in these places, i'd love to know :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
Can anyone offer me some advise?

I gained AAB at AS and I'm being predicted AAB at A2.

So far my university choices are:

City - AAA
Loughborough - AAB
Kent - BBB

I need help with my other two choices. I was thinking along the lines of nottingham/aston, but I would like an ABB uni in there.
Also, I know that City is oversubscribed for business/management; would it be worth me applying even though im predicted AAB, and tbh can't see myself getting AAA.
I currently do Business Studies, Maths, and ICT.

Thanks.
Original post by Jack842
Can anyone offer me some advise?

I gained AAB at AS and I'm being predicted AAB at A2.

So far my university choices are:

City - AAA
Loughborough - AAB
Kent - BBB

I need help with my other two choices. I was thinking along the lines of nottingham/aston, but I would like an ABB uni in there.
Also, I know that City is oversubscribed for business/management; would it be worth me applying even though im predicted AAB, and tbh can't see myself getting AAA.
I currently do Business Studies, Maths, and ICT.

Thanks.

Durham is offering ABB :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by james'94
I have been predicted A*ABB
And i have applied to,
Exeter (AAA/AAB)
UCL (AAB) (Information Management for Business)
Lougborough (AAB)
Sheffield (ABB)
Durham (ABB)

As long as i get one offer i will be really happy, and of them i would love to go to, except maybe Durham with the whole stockton situation.
Good luck to everyone else (:

hey i was applying to sheffield but it says on their website it is AAB not ABB, can you please confirm because if it is ABB then i am going to apply there?
Reply 47
Original post by rugbygreg
I was in the same position as you guys last year receiving offers from: Exeter, Manchester, Leicester, Birmingham and of course Sheffield which is where I am now.

Any questions you have I would be more than happy to answer, good luck with your applications!

i am looking around at unis and where to apply. I have been predicted ABB. Do you think it is risky to apply to Birmingham or Nottingham which is AAB?
Original post by mihir24
i am looking around at unis and where to apply. I have been predicted ABB. Do you think it is risky to apply to Birmingham or Nottingham which is AAB?

if youve got good ps and teachers comments then why not? however i wouldnt apply to more than to aab unis
Reply 49
Original post by shakeyy
Hey dudes:smile:

GCSE'S: 4A*s and 3A's. As well as a Distinction in Btec Business Diploma which was equivalent to 4 A*s and a Merit in CIDA which was equivalent to 2A's.

AS's: Maths (A) Psychology (A) English (lang & lit) (B) Economics (B) and Critical Thinking (B)

A2'S prediction: (AAB) Maths, Psych, Eng

I have applied for Bsc Management/ Business management at:
City (AAA)
Kings (AAA)
LSE (AAB)
Surrey (AAB)
Royal Holloway (AAB)

However, I'm now regretting my choices (think I was being too optimistic :frown: ) Does anyone think I have a chance of getting into any of these unis? :frown:

I think you overdid it with King's. They received 4500 applications last year for 200 places. To be honest with you, I would've gone with LSE Management instead of King's as you have a good GCSE profile and fill the requirements (AAB), an amazing PS could've given you a surprise.
Birmingham, Leeds, UEA, Royal Holloway and Sheffield

Doing a NZ exam NCEA
predicted to get 80 credits

is that true that when people says internationals are easier to get in? Coz the requirement arent that easy..
Reply 51
Durham is offering ABB :smile:

I wouldn't want to live that far away from home tbh :frown:
Original post by Jack842
I wouldn't want to live that far away from home tbh :frown:

Where are you from? That is my worry :frown: I'm from Gloucester, but I think it seems like a really nice uni, with all their formal dinners etc. It seems so different from the 'partying' universities.
Reply 53
Where are you from? That is my worry :frown: I'm from Gloucester, but I think it seems like a really nice uni, with all their formal dinners etc. It seems so different from the 'partying' universities.

I'm from Kent, so the South-East.
Reply 54
Has anyone had any offers yet?
I've had a conditional from Nottingham for Management Studies, just wondering if any other universities have started giving out offers..
Original post by TGED
Has anyone had any offers yet?
I've had a conditional from Nottingham for Management Studies, just wondering if any other universities have started giving out offers..

Congratulations :smile: How long did they take to get back to you, out of interest?
Reply 56
Original post by Sophie1805
Congratulations :smile: How long did they take to get back to you, out of interest?

Thanks :biggrin: Um, I applied on the 20th of October, got my acknowledgment on the 26th of October and got my offer on the 3rd of November :smile:
Original post by TGED
Thanks :biggrin: Um, I applied on the 20th of October, got my acknowledgment on the 26th of October and got my offer on the 3rd of November :smile:

Fantastic!! I applied on the 31st, and got my acknowledgment on the 4th of November, so I'm hoping I should get an offer this week, with a bit of luck.

Also, what are the conditions for your offer? :smile:

:redface:
Reply 58
Original post by Sophie1805
Fantastic!! I applied on the 31st, and got my acknowledgment on the 4th of November, so I'm hoping I should get an offer this week, with a bit of luck.

Also, what are the conditions for your offer? :smile:

:redface:

I'm assuming AAB (based on their entry requirments) - Conditional :smile:
Oooo good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 59
Hey! Am an international student applying for business management in the UK

My AS grades were quite average- AABBC (C for biology) and I'm not quite sure what my predicted grades were...

I just sent my application today and I applied to:

St Andrews (AAA)
Loughborough (AAB)
Manchester (AAB)
Edinburgh (BBB)
Sheffield (AAB)

Anyone applying to St Andrews? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending