This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey folks,
having just found this board I thought that someone here might be able to offer me some advise on a few problems I am currently running into.

For many years I wanted to take up a law degree, however one thing led to another and instead I am working as a technical consultant for one of the worlds leading technology companies. (This was down to a fleeting interest I had, and the lure of bags of cash)
However I am now regretting my decision and wish to return to study, hopefully to follow my long term ambition of becoming a barrister. My first task is to be accepted onto the LLB (hons) degree course.

My thoughts so far have been to enter 3 A’ levels as a private candidate, completing all by next years May/June examination dates. With good grades, and my experiences in the work place I should stand a good chance of securing a place for full time study.

1. Firstly, do you think that a year is enough to complete 2 or 3 A' levels.

2. Does anyone have advice on entering as a private candidate?
I have been able to find almost no information on entering as a private candidate, and have run into several brick walls when contacting local colleges to see if they accept private entrants.
HelenBrownsell
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I dont know anything about entering as a private candidate but I'm pretty sure that you should take 2 years to do your A levels. You AS levels in the first year which covers the basics and A2 levels in the second which builds on the knowledge of the previous year.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I know the norm is to sit them over 2 years but I don't feel that it would be impossible to do over 1 year. I want to be considered for the next intake of students in 2004, if I could I'd try for this year.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It depends what A-Levels you take. Some its possible to do over a year, and some even less.
Which A-Levels are you thinking of?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (164)
15.49%
Uncertainty around my education (172)
16.24%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (103)
9.73%
Isolating with family (71)
6.7%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.68%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (92)
8.69%
Loneliness (106)
10.01%
Financial worries (49)
4.63%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (97)
9.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (75)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (91)
8.59%

Watched Threads