Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are everyone's A-Level lessons like at school/college? Do any of you have to work through silly booklet-type things put together by the college? Some of them ok and good for revision, whereas others - eurgh! They follow the course textbook really closely and prompt you to enter information from the book - what a bore!

The only lesson I get useful notes from is Biology, the other class notes are useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ButterCookie)
    What are everyone's A-Level lessons like at school/college? Do any of you have to work through silly booklet-type things put together by the college? Some of them ok and good for revision, whereas others - eurgh! They follow the course textbook really closely and prompt you to enter information from the book - what a bore!

The only lesson I get useful notes from is Biology, the other class notes are useless.

my lessons are very varied. i'm currently doing my A2 subjects in law biology and psychology and each subject is taught completely differently. my biology is really good because although it is complicated we are given notes and make our own. we use visual aids, work in groups and individually. my teacher last year was a bit crazy and had us doing dances to remember chromosomes, surprisingly enough i remember that topic still today. law is more complicated we get given huge amounts of notes and then make our own condensed versions as we progress through the course, we do a lot of group work but its mostly individual and making visual notes is essential for remembering all the cases. for psychology its different again as we get handouts but they have gaps in them that we have to research and fill in ourselves, the coursework takes up a full module and develops our skills. in psychology its important to draw diagrams and keep going over notes. i think each college varies a lot and at the end of the day lessons are what u make them really. most teachers treat u like adults so if u ask to be taught in a varied style they probably would take the hint. at college it depends entirely on the course that you do for the way you get taught but even then there should be flexibility, there are essays set in most subects which help towards revising for the exams as they give a template for what you need to know, anyway i've gone on a bit, hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    dunno

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.