The Student Room Group

A bit of an odd and obvious question about lectures...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Joinedup
Came up a while back - basically yeah but apparently cambridge has installed swipecard barriers that punch you in the balls if you try get into the biology building without authorisation, so mind how you go as this trend could spread.

:lol:
Reply 21
I'm swapping one of my philosophy modules to another one, and although I'm not officially in the other module yet, I've been going to those lectures anyway and nobody has noticed as far as I'm aware.
Original post by jacksonriddle
Hi, I know this might sound really stupid but i was really just wondering one thing. Are you allowed to sit into lectures that aren't part of the modules you're taking? I love physics but my maths isn't good enough for me to do it as a degree but am i allowed to go in to the lectures (obviously not labs) and listen in if i get into uni for philosophy?
:confused:
it's a bit weird i know but i'd appriciate if someone could just let me know :smile:

The only reason you might get grief is if it's a secure-entry building or a lecture with less than 50 people in it (so the lecturer is likely to know most people).
Reply 23
Original post by MancStudent098
Bio labs in unis always have a bit of extra security. I've been told it's to do with animal rights protestors, but tbh there are various reasons I could see why you wouldn't want a bunch of randoms wandering round your biology labs. I don't think philosophy lectures are going to be getting swipecard access any time soon.

Yeah, that initial enthusiasm's not going to last until the end of term.

You'd need to punch most of the first years in the balls to get them out of bed just to go to their own lectures at my place tbh.
My friend sat in a Medicine lecture with her cousin when we were in sixth form. If there are many people in that module the lecturer will never know, I see people in my lectures I have never seen before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending