Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by SRK.
where Else have you applied ?

Birmingham, Sheff and Bristol, you?
Reply 221
Original post by ps3g4m3r
Birmingham, Sheff and Bristol, you?

Glasgow, Dundee, Newcastle (:biggrin:) & Cardiff ! Gonna be a long wait Guess :rolleyes:
omg! IVE GOT AN OFFER FROM BIRMINGHAM! :O has anyone else heard anything back yet?!?!?! :redface:
Reply 223
Original post by NatatatATTACK
omg! IVE GOT AN OFFER FROM BIRMINGHAM! :O has anyone else heard anything back yet?!?!?! :redface:

Well done!!!!! :biggrin: You must be so happy. When was your interview? And how did they contact you, was it email or post?

Congrats again :smile::smile:

Wow first TSR offer awesome!
Reply 225
Do Newcastle only send out emails for interviews or letters? Email just seems a bit unreliable is all I'm thinking?
Original post by karo16
Well done!!!!! :biggrin: You must be so happy. When was your interview? And how did they contact you, was it email or post?

Congrats again :smile::smile:

Original post by strepsils-warm
Well done! Is it your first choice? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Original post by Patchey1000
Wow first TSR offer awesome!

THANK YOU EVERYONEEEE!!!!!!!! im so happy i actually cried when i opened the letter! :redface: my interview was on the 8th of November and they sent me a letter this morning through the post :smile: and yep! its my first choice, im just so shocked i cant believe it! :biggrin: wow! am i?! gosh i feel so special hahaha, first tsr offer :tongue: thank you so much!! :smile:
Reply 227
i got an IV from newcastle!!
ukcat: 647.5
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 228
well done!

what is your work experience like?

hey thanks! im so relived cos im a reapplicant too :smile:

i had a few weeks at two different places, and some voluntary work at a charity shop
Original post by tom31
Do Newcastle only send out emails for interviews or letters? Email just seems a bit unreliable is all I'm thinking?

Got an email. I believe there is a good chance of letters too.
Reply 230
NEWCASTLE INTERVIEW! so happy
ukcat: 760
Original post by ch415
NEWCASTLE INTERVIEW! so happy
ukcat: 760

I think someones jealous of us Newcastle interviewees! Thanks for the big red thumb anonymous repper :wink:
Reply 232
does anybody know the interview format for newcastle uni?
did you do 1 degree (with a masters combined) or 2 separate degrees?

One degree. It is purely a 4 year masters. Though, even being a masters, it probably was of equivalent level to a BSc.
Reply 234
Selective interviews

Once called for interview, an applicant’s academic ability to cope with the course is not in question. Interview sessions are normally conducted in an afternoon, prior to which the candidates (up to 8 per session) are taken on a tour of the Dental School by clinical student volunteers. The individual interviews will normally be conducted by two Selectors over a 20-minute period. At the conclusion of the interview each selector will grade the candidate’s performance and complete an assessment form, which is subsequently passed to the Senior Tutor for BDS Admissions. Selectors will not convey their recommendations to the candidates at the time of the interview.

There is no ‘prescribed format’ nor any ‘set questions’ with regard to the interview. Selectors will read the UCAS forms for all applicants prior to the interviewing session, and the interview will focus around the experiences, achievements, interests and philosophy of each applicant. Selectors will establish the accuracy of the information given in the personal statement, and will probe for motivation and insight into a dental career with a basic understanding of the NHS; evidence of commitment to caring for others, team working with leadership skills, and professional attitudes. By including discussion of less-stressful non-academic interests and achievements mentioned on the personal statement, selectors will seek to gain an impression of interpersonal skills and ability to engage. Ultimately they will decide whether in their opinion the candidate has the aptitude, motivation and personal qualities to succeed as a dental student in Newcastle and as a dentist in the future. In making their judgement, selectors will expect applicants to show evidence of insight into their personal attributes, the reflective learning that has resulted from their experiences, and an understanding of the relevance of these factors to a dental career.

They focus a lot on non-academic stuff such as extra-curricular etc.

hey thanks for that but i was wondering whether they have one interview, or a series of mini interviews?

thanks
Original post by pb101
hey thanks for that but i was wondering whether they have one interview, or a series of mini interviews?

thanks

They have one. It lasts 20 minutes.
Reply 236
Original post by Fire Point
They have one. It lasts 20 minutes.

thanks, hhow are you preparing for ur iv?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 237
boo hoo quit complaining, you got an interview, a week is more than enough time to prepare, so what if others got 2 weeks.

Well oright then, man relax I was only giving my oppinion- sheesh,
Yeh I am very grateful for the interview thankyou, and everyone is different mate so what may be enough time for some may not be for others, so chill out. Whatevr u wna thnk, it is slightly unfair if others get more time *duh* If you had a test tht would shape ur future you wouldnt be very impressed if u got told about it later than other and hence less time to revise would you now ?
Reply 238
Original post by Pipsqeak
I think it was two weeks, I was too excited because I wasn't expecting it that I didn't pay much attention to the day!! Mine is on the 21st, getting really close now!!

That is slightly unfair to give people different amounts of time, you would have thought they would do it all the same to give everyone the same chance..!! But you have an interview this early so they obviously liked you as an applicant otherwise you wouldn't have got one already :smile:

Yeah I've been doing similar, just trying to practice past questions too, and also trying to research topics that could help in the group discussion, but I have sort of given up on that now because it just seems like however much I do I still won't be prepared!!

I also applied to Newcastle, Cardiff and Barts, but I haven't heard anything back from them. How about you?

Oh right, LOL :biggrin: same I just was completely thrown back but it was such an amazing suprise! Yeh I know, :s-smilie:
Thts what I thought too but apparently not? Oh well, should be thankful Ive gt an interview, I was soo happy!
Really, I never saw it like that, :smile: I hope your right! But it just means they want me to be even better in the interview!
Get what you mean, the possibilities are endless....

Yeh I applied to Newcastle too including liverpool and leeds. Havent heard back from antone else.
Did you have a backup?
Reply 239
yayayayayayayyyyyyy! how exciting! ive found someone who has one too! :biggrin: i think mines at 9 too! well, i dont know, they've told me to come in at 9 and there will be a 'programme of events' between 9 and 11.30! aggghhh programme of events, how scary does that sound?! :redface:

hahahahah yes thats the same as me! no idea what we could be doing for 2 and a half hours! i'm just going to e so nervous the whole time waiting for my interview!! how are you preparing for it!!?

Quick Reply

Latest