The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Well I hope so, I'm just soo nervous! Itll be my first `real' interview so I want to make the best impression I can, and since they have a group activity Im slighly worried about what may come up. Hence, the mental breakdown on tsr when finding out others have a teeny bit extra time.
Where hv u applied, any interviews?
Reply 241
Original post by SRK.
well in ! can I ask if your a graduate / undergrad . Also what did you get for the UKCAT (I'm trying to deduce in what way interviews are being given out ). Btw, at what time did you find out about the interview ?

I'm undergrad and got an average UKCAT of 700. Got an email yesterday about it :smile:
Reply 242
Original post by Fire Point
I think someones jealous of us Newcastle interviewees! Thanks for the big red thumb anonymous repper :wink:

I have a newcastle interview too!!!! What time do you have to be there for?
Reply 243
Original post by pb101
i got an IV from newcastle!!
ukcat: 647.5

what date is it?
Original post by neeloo
Really! Oh man, Im really scared now that Ive just gotten straight rejections since there are just so many applicants :frown:

Have you recieved rejections?
Reply 245
Original post by AbigailBowden

I wondered this too...Has anybody had rejections yet, particularly from Newcastle?
has anyone heard anything from cardiff
Anybody heard anything from Dundee, Leeds, Cardiff or Manchester? well i know people have recieved interviews from manchester, but i was wondering if they still hold more interviews at the end of the year/begining of next?
Reply 248
Original post by katec13
what date is it?

28th of november?
any1 got one on the same date?
im driving down from manachester! well my brother is not me :P
Reply 249
Original post by pb101
28th of november?
any1 got one on the same date?
im driving down from manachester! well my brother is not me :P

Mine's the 24th sorry!!
Good luck anyway!
Reply 250
what do you think we should know about flouridation?? should we just know the +ve's of fluoride?? or should we now how much fluoride is recommended in water??

coolio x
Original post by NatatatATTACK
I think it went really well, a lot better than i was expecting! :smile: i was interviewed by the dean of the school and a woman of the dental health board or something like that, and the dean was really friendly! i thought it was going to be really scary and intense but it was really relaxed :smile: they asked me some stuff on the nhs, like how are nhs dentists paid, differences between private and nhs and then where do i think the nhs will be in ten years time :smile: and then just loads of questions on my voluntary, teamwork, why birmingham e.t.c :smile: im sure you'll do brilliantly! :biggrin: GOOD LUCK! :smile:

Thanks for the infoo. Its my first choice so FINGERS CROSSED :smile: xx
Original post by NatatatATTACK
THANK YOU EVERYONEEEE!!!!!!!! im so happy i actually cried when i opened the letter! :redface: my interview was on the 8th of November and they sent me a letter this morning through the post :smile: and yep! its my first choice, im just so shocked i cant believe it! :biggrin: wow! am i?! gosh i feel so special hahaha, first tsr offer :tongue: thank you so much!! :smile:

OMG WELL DONEEEEEE XXX
hopefully this will be be aswell ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
Original post by undertaker1
has anyone heard anything from cardiff

some rejections have been sent out apprently.
Original post by StraightUpG
Anybody heard anything from Dundee, Leeds, Cardiff or Manchester? well i know people have recieved interviews from manchester, but i was wondering if they still hold more interviews at the end of the year/begining of next?

Last year i wasnt interviewed till march, got an offer the nex day though :P
Last year i wasnt interviewed till march, got an offer the nex day though :P

are u currently a dental student then?
Reply 256

Oh, sorry about that I wasnt really clear, I havent received any rejections yet, what I meant to say is that I was feeling worried that I may have received rejections.
Reply 257
Original post by neeloo
Oh, sorry about that I wasnt really clear, I havent received any rejections yet, what I meant to say is that I was feeling worried that I may have received rejections.

Come on stay optimistic :smile: !
Reply 258
Original post by barzy_j
From Cardiff? Any idea on when Cardiff even do interviews?

Last year cardiff sent out all their rejections and decisions for interviews around the same day at the end of January.. then interviews were held a few weeks after in February
Original post by neeloo

oh well dont worry, afterall you only need one offer out of the four. What are your stats? Where have you applied? Why do you think you have rejections?

Quick Reply

Latest