Larissa White
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello, as a final yr Accounting student, about to embark on my 5,000 word diss. I was wondering whether you could give me any good ideas to base my research paper on?

thanks
Larissa White
Rep:
?
anyone?
moonlit_streets
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Posting in the accounting sub-forum might get you more help.

But what about something like culture and the harmonisation of accounting standards? Or conservatism/removal of prudence?

Not really got many ideas - this is why I chose not to do my dissertation in accounting!
Larissa White
Rep:
?
(Original post by moonlit_streets)
Posting in the accounting sub-forum might get you more help.

But what about something like culture and the harmonisation of accounting standards? Or conservatism/removal of prudence?

Not really got many ideas - this is why I chose not to do my dissertation in accounting!
Theres nothing much out there to write about in accounting. im really struggling
ultimate mashup
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At least its only 5000 words some dissertations are around 12000.
Larissa White
Rep:
?
(Original post by ultimate mashup)
At least its only 5000 words some dissertations are around 12000.
but the thing is we have two additional mini-dissertations 2500 words each
moonlit_streets
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Larissa White)
Do you have a part-time job or access to someone in a business? If you do, think of a way you could include them in your study.

Did you read an article at some point during your study that took your interest? Is there an area in there that you could study? If you've studied auditing, could you look into value relevance of various audit reports (i.e. sustainability and environmental auditing etc)?
ultimate mashup
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Larissa White)
Ah ok then.
katiekatiekatie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've got the exact same problem!! I can't think of anything that's specifically related to accounting and my proposal is due beginning of next month
Larissa White
Rep:
?
(Original post by katiekatiekatie)
I've got the exact same problem!! I can't think of anything that's specifically related to accounting and my proposal is due beginning of next month
I know what you mean
katiekatiekatie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey have you thought of an idea yet? I think I'm gonna do something with financial reporting or financial control in charities. Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of primary research I could do for this???
Larissa White
Rep:
?
Hey have you thought of an idea yet? I think I'm gonna do something with financial reporting or financial control in charities. Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of primary research I could do for this???

About primary research your on about, im not sure, you can do questionnaires, interview with CEO's (if u know someone) etc. apart from that i dont know.
Boro_gal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Hi I am in my final year doing accounting and finance and i was thinking about basing my dissertation on charities/non-profit organisations and how the budget system is important and acts as a control.

i have the primary research but I am totally struggling to find anything relating the budget control system to NPO !!

any help would be appreciated !!

what idea are you doing?
Boro_gal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

the primary research i have is an interview with 2 charities and i am going to compare both i am going to talk about budget control and how charities prepare bdgets...

the only thing is i am struggling to find articles relating to budget control and charities and can only find articles on both area separately.

Any help would be appreciated !!
Darcie97
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This article has hundreds of topics to help you chose http://www.ivoryresearch.com/finance...ion-topics.php
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What are your interests?

Corporate social responsibility?
The effect of dividend on share price?
Gender differences?

I had a few guys in my year do something about football (it was so popular in the past it had its own supervisor). You can take whatever you like
JulieAmanda
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just found thousands of unique accounting dissertation here http://www.researchomatic.com/accounting-dissertation/. I hope they help you
thefish1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Boro_gal)
Hi I am in my final year doing accounting and finance and i was thinking about basing my dissertation on charities/non-profit organisations and how the budget system is important and acts as a control.

i have the primary research but I am totally struggling to find anything relating the budget control system to NPO !!

any help would be appreciated !!

what idea are you doing?
Hey BoroGal, this is what my dissertation is on. Any help please
Grin1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thefish1)
Hey BoroGal, this is what my dissertation is on. Any help please
I'm about to start my dissertation on something similar. However I am struggling with what sort of research methods to use. How did you get on?
thefish1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Grin1)
I'm about to start my dissertation on something similar. However I am struggling with what sort of research methods to use. How did you get on?
Hi Grin, I used literature review to search different methods of budgeting etc, I also conducted an interview with a management accountant of a non profit organisation to understand what budgeting they use. Try and schedule two/three interviews so you can compare
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads