The Student Room Group

So I had my BMR measured.... I'm now confused :s

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StressReliever
Maybe your BMR is lower, some formulas overestimate. Or perhaps if you were less active that week? :dontknow:

That said 0.5lb a week is still steady progress :smile:

was aiming for 1lb per week

i was more active if anything because i did 5 days of weights instead of 4
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
was aiming for 1lb per week

i was more active if anything because i did 5 days of weights instead of 4

5 days of weights is little excessive if you are working the same muscular groups more than 48 hours in a row. 3-4 days would be better (gives your muscles time to recover). If you want a solid routine and diet plan, I'd highly recommend to get a copy of the book, 'The New Rules of Lifting for Women' by Lou Schuler.
5 days of weights is little excessive if you are working the same muscular groups more than 48 hours in a row. 3-4 days would be better (gives your muscles time to recover). If you want a solid routine and diet plan, I'd highly recommend to get a copy of the book, 'The New Rules of Lifting for Women' by Lou Schuler.

i do

chest/back

day off

shoulders/arms

day off

chest/back

legs

shoulders/arms

thanks, will look at the book

if i go less than 5 days i will have to drop my cals some more
i do

chest/back

day off

shoulders/arms

day off

chest/back

legs

shoulders/arms

thanks, will look at the book

if i go less than 5 days i will have to drop my cals some more

Well you just eat more on the workout days than non work out days.
Reply 24
Just eat very small and low in calories meals every 2-3 hours to fix up your metabolism.
Well you just eat more on the workout days than non work out days.

tried that too and it didnt work, again only lost 0.5lb that week
tried that too and it didnt work, again only lost 0.5lb that week

Well then I guess it's just a case of trial and error till you find what works.
Well then I guess it's just a case of trial and error till you find what works.

yeah

im doing no more than 1500 this week, if i havnt lost on friday i dont know what i will do
Reply 28
yeah

im doing no more than 1500 this week, if i havnt lost on friday i dont know what i will do

But aren't you gaining muscle weight or have you already factored that in... ? Cus maybe you've lost fat and gained muscle :smile:
Original post by phiddy23
But aren't you gaining muscle weight or have you already factored that in... ? Cus maybe you've lost fat and gained muscle :smile:

thats what my OH said, he said i look like ive lost weight and if im honest it feels like i have so maybe im losing inches and not as much weight (which tbh i would prefer) i dont mind staying this weight as long as i lost body fat and inches from where i want to IE hips, waist and gain them where i want to IE arms, shoulders, chest just got to wait till december so i can take my measurements again lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
thats what my OH said, he said i look like ive lost weight and if im honest it feels like i have so maybe im losing inches and not as much weight (which tbh i would prefer) i dont mind staying this weight as long as i lost body fat and inches from where i want to IE hips, waist and gain them where i want to IE arms, shoulders, chest just got to wait till december so i can take my measurements again lol

Yeah I reckon that's right... and also I guess you don't really notice the visible weight loss when you see yourself everyday
Original post by phiddy23
Yeah I reckon that's right... and also I guess you don't really notice the visible weight loss when you see yourself everyday

yeah thats very true

measurements matter!!
Original post by No Future
measurements matter!!

yeah i know
yeah i know

haha sorry

trying to be encouraging :smile:
Original post by No Future
haha sorry

trying to be encouraging :smile:

dont worry you are being, just wish i didnt have to wait so long to measure haha
That guy is crazy, that’s a normal and healthy metabolic rate! Why did he make you worried! I got mine measured at the gym and it was something along the line of 1100 Kcal, which didn’t surprise anyone the slightest bit. I am 159 cm and was 49 kg at the time. I wasn’t muscular having never exercised, so my metabolic rate was low compared to my muscular and heavier husband, but completely normal for my body. If you increase your muscular weight (eat enough protein and do some strength exercises, which I personally hate 😄 So, I do yoga, which also helps to strengthen core muscles!) - I bet your metabolic rate will get higher.

Quick Reply

Latest