Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cyst)
    No,No, I its not that I dont value my friends, but friends come and go, religion stays with you for life.
    Personally I've found friends and beliefs come and go with time and experience.

It always amazes me that people want to put something as personal as their spiritual beliefs into a big box along with millions of other people. I have enough trouble with the fact that every other person has all of these sorts of thoughts running through their head all the time never mind having the confidence to say that my beliefs perfectly match x religion and all it's true followers exactly :confused:

As for what I value - I value my sanity - and even that I can probably get by without...

which probably means I value my independance most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    Perhaps they've even authored their own heretical gospels - "The Gospel according to Pingu"?
    In all good book shops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    By definition there is no such thing as a "true religion". It is good that you feel strongly about your beliefs but there is no need to discredit others'.

I value my girlfriend highest, I'll start the bidding at £5?
    I think that is a good way of putting it, i don't agree with discrediting other peoples religion, Im a christian, but i don't like going round and shouting at people for believing in other religions or saying that they're religions arent true and mine is.

As for what i value most in life, well i value my religion yes, but my friends r important too, if I didn't know ne boys in the world, id be bored coz that means no flirting, n if i didn't know ne girls, i wouldn't hav my closest friends to talk to n hav fun with, n if i didn't have my familly, well i suppose i'd be really lonely n i can't really imagine life without them existing. It's an interesting question really, coz it's not that easy to answer, im babling now, oh well...

If i had a boyfriend, i suppose i would value them highly, but at this point in life i don't, i'm just in secondary school n happy with flirting, having fun, n doin most common secondary school things.

ReputationRep:
    I love my mum. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think I value love and friendship the most, I think both include each other, so I couldn´t really distinguish.

ReputationRep:
    most definately friendship, because its special, and who knows, may lead to more, but friendship is everything, life would be so boring without friends

xxx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.