The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Kent to Liverpool is around 272 miles. Kent to Lancaster is around 306 miles. So Lancaster isn't that much further, in the grand scheme of things. :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by affinity89
Kent to Liverpool is around 272 miles. Kent to Lancaster is around 306 miles. So Lancaster isn't that much further, in the grand scheme of things. :smile:

When you put it like that, it doesn't sound so bad :smile: looks worse on a map.
None of the uni's I've applied to are near me! I live in Bath and I'm choosing between Liverpool and Lancaster as a firm and want Essex as my insurance. I have to leave so early on Saturday to get to Lancaster uni on the open day!
Original post by Haushinka13
None of the uni's I've applied to are near me! I live in Bath and I'm choosing between Liverpool and Lancaster as a firm and want Essex as my insurance. I have to leave so early on Saturday to get to Lancaster uni on the open day!

Spare a thought for anyone like me having to fly over from Northern Ireland :tongue:
Original post by North Irelandman
Spare a thought for anyone like me having to fly over from Northern Ireland :tongue:

Okay, you win :smile:
I got my offer in the post :biggrin: 2 months exactly after I sent off my application :biggrin:

... bhahahaha you all live so far away :') I live in the north west so its the closest uni for me :biggrin:
2 months after applying and ive got an offer for Mechanical engineering
Anyone got an interview on March 3rd? :smile:
Reply 788
Original post by North Irelandman

I live in Hong Kong and I got to take 12.5hours of flight to fly over to UK. I am way furthur than you. :tongue:
Original post by rsfighter
I live in Hong Kong and I got to take 12.5hours of flight to fly over to UK. I am way furthur than you. :tongue:

Egypt and a 4 hour flight haha :biggrin:

What course have you applied at Lancaster, and what other UK unis have you applied to? :smile:
Offer for Physics. Didn't have to go for my interview after all :smile: Will be my insurance
Reply 792
Original post by 21Grapes
What course have you applied at Lancaster, and what other UK unis have you applied to? :smile:

I only applied for Economics. I applied to Kent, UEA and Lancaster. I made a bad decision for choosing the university as my UPG has significantly improved after I sent off my application.
I only applied for Economics. I applied to Kent, UEA and Lancaster. I made a bad decision for choosing the university as my UPG has significantly improved after I sent off my application.

I have an offer to do Economics at Lancaster also. Lancaster is a very good uni, so i wouldnt say it was a bad decision :smile:
so happy, recieved an offer today, MPhys with year abroad :smile:!!! over the moon!

is anyone else on this course :smile: ?
Reply 795
Any fellow Biomedical or biological scientists here?!?
Reply 796
Original post by BigWilfo
Any fellow Biomedical or biological scientists here?!?

Well I have applied for biochemistry(not the same thing but still). Just waiting for a reply after my interview.
Reply 797
Original post by he3
Well I have applied for biochemistry(not the same thing but still). Just waiting for a reply after my interview.

Ah nice, biochemistry is quite similar to biomedicine in places to be fair :smile: How did your interview go?
Reply 798
Original post by BigWilfo
Ah nice, biochemistry is quite similar to biomedicine in places to be fair :smile: How did your interview go?

The interview itself was very informal(they stated that in the invitation, but I hadn't thought it would be like that). I think that it went pretty well. The staff of the department seemed really nice as the whole uni did. Just waiting for an offer to put as my first :smile:

Have you received an offer from them?
Reply 799
Original post by Hannah4994
so happy, recieved an offer today, MPhys with year abroad :smile:!!! over the moon!

is anyone else on this course :smile: ?

Bioscience with a year abroad.

The year abroad seems like a brilliant addition to a science course, I've only seen a few others like Sheffield offer this.

Any idea where you might go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending