The Student Room Group

mixing coke and water?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Antiaris
If you are so afraid of the calories in it why drink it at all?

im trying to limit what i eat and drink and if i drink a high calk drink during the day, i can't drink alchol in the evenings

Original post by Antiaris
You just don't drink it, saving your taste buds a bad time, or even giving it to someone who wants it?

And waste the money i spend on it? i mean its not much even for a student but i don't have a part job and already feel guilty living off my parents money
This is what pubs sometimes do and what some places do.
I quite like it tbh. Coke, lots of ice and lemon!
Reply 22
Coke + Water ----> More diluted coke.

You've worked out the secret behind the weird tasting coke you get at some restaurants/pubs.

:nothing:
Reply 23
Pubs and restaurants don't dilute coke. They get a syrup which is essentially very concentrated coke, and then when they dilute it it's the right recipe.
Reply 24
after all that one of the guys on my corridor solved it, swapped his diet coke for it....
Reply 25
Original post by stubear
im trying to limit what i eat and drink and if i drink a high calk drink during the day, i can't drink alchol in the evenings

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2050486/Drunkorexia-Young-women-skip-meals-save-calories-money-drinking.html

For God sake, don't do this. If you're that worried about calories, don't drink as much, go to the gym or eat more sensible foods.
:facepalm:
Original post by Maccees
No don't do it! You WILL explode.

I heard drinking a 2ltr bottle of coke and then eating a packet of mentos is really good for you though, cleans out your system or something...

Diet coke*
Reply 28
Original post by gumball
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2050486/Drunkorexia-Young-women-skip-meals-save-calories-money-drinking.html

For God sake, don't do this. If you're that worried about calories, don't drink as much, go to the gym or eat more sensible foods.

i eat pretty healthy and can't got to the gym untill ive lost a few stone
Reply 29
Original post by stubear
i eat pretty healthy and can't got to the gym untill ive lost a few stone

What?
Reply 30
Try mixing coke and ketchup.
Original post by stubear

Original post by stubear
Mockery and
Nix-j-c

I normally drink diet but the shop had run out and i mindless bought ordinary coke instead

Why don't you just enjoy proper coke for once? It's hardly going to cause you to balloon up from a single bottle. Make some ice cubes, buy a lemon, live a little [=
Reply 32
I've no idea... but i think it would be weird
Freeze the water first and this quite frankly preposterous idea is transmogrified in to utter normality.

Excellent.
:lolwut:
Reply 35
:lol:

Do you ever get ice in your coke? DON'T LET IT MELT!!!
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
Freeze the water first and this quite frankly preposterous idea is transmogrified in to utter normality.

Excellent.

Pretty much, although I tend to drink my drinks far too quickly, there's very little time for the ice to dilute it =P
I'm kinda weird and like coke more when it goes flat :blush:
Sometimes I dilute coke syrup with tap water when I'm at work (a restaurant..) :ninja:
Have you never put ice cubes in coke before? That's also just water in coke.

It tastes just like the stuff you get from any fast food chain/pub.

Original post by stubear
basicely for complicated reason i want to dilute coca-cola with water, i want to know if this is a good idea or if there some chemical reason not to?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39

why don't you enjoy a smaller glass of this normal coke if you're worried about calories and have a glass of water aswell to quench the thirst.

funny how you've received so much good advice over this trivial issue

Quick Reply

Latest