The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Wow. Just wow.

What? Are you from the 1920's or something? 200k just isn't that much these days. If you can't even afford a small house with your yearly salary, you aren't rich. Rich imo would be half a mil place. Under that you are just 'well off' .
Reply 21
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Not even people like: charlieissocoollike ; spricket24 or raywilliamjohnson

Make reasonable income/money. They probably have to do other stuff on the side. I know RWJ sells merchandise on the side.

RWJ easily earns more than the average income of a person. He makes 2 videos a week, and they get roughly 4.5 million views each.
Original post by Tommyjw
What? Are you from the 1920's or something? 200k just isn't that much these days. If you can't even afford a small house with your yearly salary, you aren't rich. Rich imo would be half a mil place. Under that you are just 'well off' .

To you maybe not.

To a lot of people, yes it is. And you can easily afford a small house with £200k.
Reply 23
Original post by callum9999
To you maybe not.

To a lot of people, yes it is. And you can easily afford a small house with £200k.

No, to me it is a lot of money, I come from a lower class family. WIth a single mother and unemployed family etc.

It's just simply. Many will agree. 200k a year is not rich.
Reply 24
Original post by Tommyjw
No, to me it is a lot of money, I come from a lower class family. WIth a single mother and unemployed family etc.

It's just simply. Many will agree. 200k a year is not rich.

Because they have unrealistic standards. I come from a working class family. 200k a year is rich. In 10 years, you'd be a multi-millionaire. Most people never get anywhere close to even one million. Rich.
With youtube its about how many views,subscribers,likes you get.

If you have under 50k subscribers you wont be on much, but you can very rich on youtube of your top 100 most subscribed.

Youtubers like Ray williams johnson and shane dawson are on over 300k us dollars a year and thats not on top of there t-shirt sales and other side things that they sell/advertise.

source:
http://www.indyposted.com/82553/top-10-highest-paid-youtube-stars/

This source is over a year old so now its probably more like 500k a year for the top stars.

If you look around at other sources it all overages over 300k a year for the top stars.
Reply 26
Original post by Tommyjw
Yes i am. That isn't rich.

What is rich for you? And don't come up with such a stupidly large number that it constitutes as spam neither!
Reply 27
I watch SXEPhil and Charlieissocoollike, along with Community Channel (who seems to be very funny on the uploading recently).
I know that SXEPhil gets paid an awful lot and has it has his job.
Earns enough to buy expensive cars by the looks of it as well, if you've ever seen his blog videos.
It depends where you stand in the partners programme. You'll get put into different categories depending on how many views that you are receiving and will make a certain amount from it. The smaller partners gaining about 1000 views per video will be looking at next to nothing. But then at the other end of the scale look at rwj and the like, they'll be earning thousands off of one video, not even mentioning sponsors and endorsements that they'll pick up from their internet prominence, i.e. netflix sponsors that epic meal time have.

Long story short, if you are very popular, i'm talking hundreds of thousands if not millions of views per video, you'll be looking at a six digit salary from youtube, without all the merchandise and sponsors.
Reply 29

Make reasonable income/money. They probably have to do other stuff on the side. I know RWJ sells merchandise on the side.

I wonder what she does on the side . . . :sexface:

RWJ it worth a lot, some sources say his net worth is $5m.

He has 1.3bn views in total and gains 2073637 per day on average.

Estimated earning's $567,658 - $6,055,021 /yr.
Reply 31
Yeah, a bunch of Youtubers make that youtube monayyy for a living. If EpicMealTime can spend like $150-200 on food and still make enough additional revenue , they must make a load off about 3million views a week? sxephil regularly does xbox giveaways aswell, the most popular youtuber's who have youtube partnerships make good money. I wanna say like 80 cents per thousand views, but thats just a bit of a guess.
Original post by DanielMartin
You haven't earned any serious money from YouTube because you such words as " Negger, " and have a simplistic view of how marketing really works. If you really knew how the actual system of online marketing indeed, works not just in theory... and have a good idea of social media's and what content people actually want to see rather than posting some random crap entilted " my life's work down the toilet, " then maybe, just maybe... would you make some money. It's simple math to calculate how much some of the dominant and , completely crap might I add, YouTube users have had. It's ignorant comments like you've displayed that demonstrate to me yet again what a stupid society we live in if people are that confused by some basic advertising and linking systems. Do us a favor, study it, learn it, use it and then, and only then, I beg... can you make rants on TSR about it.

Thank you and good day to you sir.

How does labeling those who have neg repped me as "neggers" got anything to do with marketing? You are a moron.

Secondly, I have three other ways of earning revenue online (three in total including YouTube). I have a website which I sell an E-Book on among other services. My E-Book has proven methods and ways of earning a small revenue by selling on micro-job websites, seeing I already do this successfully. To this day, I have earned exactly $128 selling these books at $8 each. On this website, I also host Google adverts and have made $36.52 so far with that.

Finally, I sell my services on a micro-jobs website for $6 helping people build their twitter follower base for marketing by the thousands, and I have made $114 off that.

So it is safe to say I do know probably much more than almost all TSR users about online marketing, jobs, sales, services, SEO, and even webdesign seeing I have made my own website, and successfully ranking it in the top 4 results on Google web-search result pages. Not only that but made some decent cash with all this. Nowhere enough to make anybody rich, but to just ease some of the expenses of being a student.

The last part of your comment looks like it has been written by a five year old, I am not going to even bother and try to understand what exactly it deciphers into.
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
How does labeling those who have neg repped me as "neggers" got anything to do with marketing? You are a moron.

Secondly, I have three other ways of earning revenue online (three in total including YouTube). I have a website which I sell an E-Book on among other services. My E-Book has proven methods and ways of earning a small revenue by selling on micro-job websites, seeing I already do this successfully. To this day, I have earned exactly $128 selling these books at $8 each. On this website, I also host Google adverts and have made $36.52 so far with that.

Finally, I sell my services on a micro-jobs website for $6 helping people build their twitter follower base for marketing by the thousands, and I have made $114 off that.

So it is safe to say I do know probably much more than almost all TSR users about online marketing, jobs, sales, services, SEO, and even webdesign seeing I have made my own website, and successfully ranking it in the top 4 results on Google web-search result pages. Not only that but made some decent cash with all this. Nowhere enough to make anybody rich, but to just ease some of the expenses of being a student.

The last part of your comment looks like it has been written by a five year old, I am not going to even bother and try to understand what exactly it deciphers into.

I'm not even gonna bother reading that as I'm exhausted from studying and it's my week off.
Reply 34
Original post by Cicerao
Because they have unrealistic standards. I come from a working class family. 200k a year is rich. In 10 years, you'd be a multi-millionaire. Most people never get anywhere close to even one million. Rich.

Wut?!
Yes so i guess you don't eat, or pay tax, or pay for food, or buy luxuries etc :P haha. You won't be a millionaire :facepalm2:. Would take you at least 10 years to become have one million in savings. Thats if you don't even buy anything that luxurious like cars, paying for houses etc.

What is rich for you? And don't come up with such a stupidly large number that it constitutes as spam neither!

Given i've already said it.. something far above 200k+. Like 500k a year is fairly Rich is when you can afford essentially whatever you want. With 200k a year, less than 100k to even spend, you won't be able to even buy a very small house. You'd have to get a mortgage just for a small house. You can get one for a larger one too, i;'m, just saying. When you can't even afford to buy as house with your end salary. You aren't rich. Let alone the multiple cars, boats, extravagant lifestyles etc typically accustomed with rich people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Some top youtubers earn a LOT. Shaycarl earns over $200k a year.
Reply 36
Original post by Tommyjw
Wut?!
Yes so i guess you don't eat, or pay tax, or pay for food, or buy luxuries etc :P haha. You won't be a millionaire :facepalm2:. Would take you at least 10 years to become have one million in savings. Thats if you don't even buy anything that luxurious like cars, paying for houses etc.

After 10 years, you'd have earnt a total of 2 million. It's perfectly possible to live on less than 1 million over 10 years, so there's every possibility you'd be a millionaire. You don't HAVE TO burn money just because you have it.

And oh, a facepalm emoticon. Perfect way to secure your reputation as the TSR jerk and simultaneously not add anything to your point.
Reply 37
Guys please dont argue :frown:
Reply 38
Original post by Tommyjw
Wut?!

If you bought luxuries with the money, then you're still a millionaire. Say I have £1M sitting in the bank, and I buy a £500k house with that, leaving another £500k in the bank, I'd still be a millionaire. People's monetary worth is judged on how much all their assets are valued at, not just a measure of what's in the bank. Tax, bills and food would take away a chunk, but saying that if you buy houses and cars etc you won't be a millionaire because you don't have money in the bank is ridiculous.

Tommyjw
Given i've already said it.. something far above 200k+. Like 500k a year is fairly Rich is when you can afford essentially whatever you want. With 200k a year, less than 100k to even spend, you won't be able to even buy a very small house. You'd have to get a mortgage just for a small house. You can get one for a larger one too, i;'m, just saying. When you can't even afford to buy as house with your end salary. You aren't rich. Let alone the multiple cars, boats, extravagant lifestyles etc typically accustomed with rich people.

The average income in the UK is around £26000 a year. How can you not think that earning 7.69 times the national income doesn't make you rich? There is only 89000 people in the UK that earn £200k or more, if you're in that out of 60 million people in the UK I think you can class yourself as rich. I think you have a warped view of what being rich is, the people you class as "rich" are more "superduper-rich" and there is very few of them.
Reply 39
Original post by Cicerao
After 10 years, you'd have earnt a total of 2 million. It's perfectly possible to live on less than 1 million over 10 years, so there's every possibility you'd be a millionaire. You don't HAVE TO burn money just because you have it.

200k a year = like 80k tax or something?

Add some pension in to it. Like 5% of income.

Now add NI, council tax's etc. All of that.
Now add your mortgage amount.
Etc etc.

You won't be earning 100k a year with all that, far from it.

Latest

Trending

Trending