The Student Room Group

Boots interview help!

I have an interview with boots on wednesday, I was just wondering if its common to get to the interview stage after the online assessment? also I've chosen the product that appeals to me for the interview - Aussie 3 minute miracle.. I've done my research and found out it contains australian balm mint which helps smooth out hair cuticles? shall i talk about this, or would it be too... in depth ? :s-smilie: and I don't have much retail experience, only school organised work experience, this might be a silly question but from what i've seen on here, i'll probably be asked to hand out baskets to customers etc... what do i say when handing out the baskets :L?! :confused:

Reply 1
It's brilliant that you've done the research- definitely use that, they'll know you have initiative and are keen to learn! :smile:

And just be friendly/approachable, "hello, would you like a basket?" "yes" *hand them a basket*
orif they say No: "have a good day!"

:smile:
Reply 2
I had to bag for a few customers and basically say "do you have a boots card?" and that was a tick for me. Then I had to help a customer with something, some old lady asked me which conditioner to buy...again that was okay. Then I had to find 2 things in the store that I was asked to find, a bit like supermarket sweep haha! That bit was quite fun :smile: all in all it's fine, they make you feel really comfortable and it's all over so quickly. Good luck!
Reply 3
Hi I have also applied for boots the xmas temp position I have passed the 1st stage and I have done the online assessment wanted to know how long until they get back to you also if you could tell me how the interview went and what they asked you thanks and good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Im so nervous!! Apparently, one question is something like, what would you give a customer who wanted glossy looking hair? problem is my 'appealing' product is haircare! what do i do :Z
Reply 5
You do not hand out baskets in the interview anymore. you ask customers if they need help, tell them about a hand cream, do several scenarios with the interviewer. the handing out basket interview only lasted about 30mins. the new one lasts an hour. it is much harder and tests you alot more. but i think it is a better interview in general, because it really shows who is confident with customers. that is the main thing they are looking for. try not to worry so much and just do your best!
Reply 6
Quick Question - The people who work in the Boots I am applying for are all... older? like middle aged and stuff? will this go against me as I'm 16?
Reply 7
What should i wear :O
Reply 8
i had a interview at boots last night.i wore black trousers an shoes and a white shirt which i think helped as i had lots of customers come to me during my interview so i didnt have to approach many :smile: the woman who done my interview was so friendly which made me feel so much more at ease.first i had my few questions like why do i want to work for boots ect...then i was taken onto the shop floor.i didnt have to hand out baskets i think that has all changed now.i had to chose my product which was a conditioner i spoke about t benefits of t product an why i like it.i then had to look at customers an tell who looked liked they needed help an who didnt an what made me think this.i was asked to approach a customer and ask if they needed help which i didnt do as alot of them came to me and asked if i could help so i just acted as if i was a worker already an helped them as much as i could.i was taken to a isle after this an asked if i had a short a space of time what would i do to improve it my answer was pull all t stock forward 2 make it look more full an attractive which seemed a good answer then i was asked what i would do if i had more time so my answer was get more stock an fill t stock properly.i was then asked if there was anything else i would do so i noticed there was some price tags that were missing so i said i would get new price tags and put them out this also seemed to b a good answer.after we finished on t shop floor we went bk to the office and i was offered the job i start next week :biggrin: hope yous all have as good a interview as i did an good luck to yous all x
Reply 9
i had an interview with boots and got the job :-). the man basically asked me a few qeustions like why would you like to work for boots?..tell us about your experience?..give an example of when you went the extra mile for someone? etc. Afterwards we wnt onto the shop floor where he asked me to pick a product of my interest and i had to try and advise the manager about the product as if he was a customer. He then asked me to approach customers and talk to them about a hand cream..he just wanted to see how i interacted with the customers. lasted about 45minutes and he was really nice and made me feel comfortable.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
I have a interview for boots mini club as a senior sales adviser. Anyone know what the interview is like and what questions will be asked?
Reply 11
I have a boots interview on a few days. is there any advice I can get bc I defo need it. I've already had 2 interviews before and they've both said no... i really need this one to go well so pls advice, anyone?
Reply 12
Original post by Safa333
I have a interview for boots mini club as a senior sales adviser. Anyone know what the interview is like and what questions will be asked?

hey did you get it? if so could you help me out with what they asked and what I should say?

Quick Reply