The Student Room Group

Jeremy Kyle Is A ****

Some mornings I'll turn on the tv to catch the news etc. and of course the Jeremy Kyle Show is on too. I haven't really indepth watch any episodes, but I've always sort of known JK is a bastard.
Anyway, I had enough time to watch a full episode before uni (I don't know why I watched the whole thing), and I couldn't believe how snide and pathetic he is on stage. I mean hiding behind his security guards whilst he goads his guests, the stereotypical underclass chav, and does nothing to actually help them and only insult them. It just gives me the impression that the he can only feel truly good about himself when he is bullying someone and he has an audience - the audience are actually one of the worst aspects of the show.

Okay, I'm not the biggest fan of chavs. But simply because someone is underclass and not highly intelligent doesn't mean they should be embaressed in public. Jeremy Kyle only goes after the low class because it's not a challenge to confront their problems - they're just an easy target to him. He wouldn't dare go up against someone who can speak their mind and logic that one plus one does not equal simply 'another one', anyone moderately intelligent could slate him for what he does.

I'm not saying all reality tv shows are bad. I mean Maury and Jerry Springer may be a little controversial, but they don't judge their guests nearly as much as JK, and they certainly don't insult them for who they are. Hence I do like to watch some reality tv. But let's face it, Jeremy Kyle is a ****er. Maybe it seems that he's trying to 'help' those on tv, but he's not doing a great job about it.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah but if he wasn't the way he is infront of the camera, then there would be way less people watching the show
Reply 2
Uber respect for the LAD/DOLE-PATIENT that hit him with the question cards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3QaqZFiVS8
(edited 12 years ago)
The whole point of this show is that they take the most chavvy, least educated and in general, the most scummy people they can find, insult and goad them in an attempt to make the millions of slightly better chavs feel good about themselves.
you only just found out?! what took so long?
Original post by Bill_Gates

I find it funny how he tries to force 'why dont you put something on the end of it' into every episode, it hardly fits with the point being made.

I always hope that someone will turn round and say that they did, but the condom must have split. He wouldnt have a clue what to say.
Reply 6
Original post by Kiss
Some mornings I'll turn on the tv to catch the news etc. and of course the Jeremy Kyle Show is on too. I haven't really indepth watch any episodes, but I've always sort of known JK is a bastard.
Anyway, I had enough time to watch a full episode before uni (I don't know why I watched the whole thing), and I couldn't believe how snide and pathetic he is on stage. I mean hiding behind his security guards whilst he goads his guests, the stereotypical underclass chav, and does nothing to actually help them and only insult them. It just gives me the impression that the he can only feel truly good about himself when he is bullying someone and he has an audience - the audience are actually one of the worst aspects of the show.

Okay, I'm not the biggest fan of chavs. But simply because someone is underclass and not highly intelligent doesn't mean they should be embaressed in public. Jeremy Kyle only goes after the low class because it's not a challenge to confront their problems - they're just an easy target to him. He wouldn't dare go up against someone who can speak their mind and logic that one plus one does not equal simply 'another one', anyone moderately intelligent could slate him for what he does.

I'm not saying all reality tv shows are bad. I mean Maury and Jerry Springer may be a little controversial, but they don't judge their guests nearly as much as JK, and they certainly don't insult them for who they are. Hence I do like to watch some reality tv. But let's face it, Jeremy Kyle is a ****er. Maybe it seems that he's trying to 'help' those on tv, but he's not doing a great job about it.

Btw, the title is Jeremy Kyle is a t-w-a-t, not the c word (although he fits easily into that category too.)

The whole point of those shows seems to be the seeking out of the most dysfunctional of families from the poorer and poorly educated sections of society and hold them up as a target of derision and disgust. The wider social facts which generate dysfunctional behaviour are not the concern of such programmes, only the entertainment value whereby an articulate and educated 'superior' can talk down to these wreches like a stern teacher to the applause of an audience drunk on the spectacle of humiliation.

It's disgusting.
Reply 7
Jeremy likes to insult them, but sometimes he has episodes where children who are disabled are on the show and likes to give them a treat, i think the being mean is just a persona for the camera
The whole show is a mess. Like Jerry Springer mixed in with Dr. Phil with a Tyra Banks-esque 'YOU DON'T KNOW ME, DON'T JUDGE ME, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED' presenter.
Reply 9
I think the reason why it's so successful is that talk shows are meant to be a bit touchy-feely and he's the opposite.
I much prefer the Jerry Springer show back when it was on.
Jerry Springer was generally nice and polite, and when he did mock his guests he did it really discreetly, so much so his guests often didn't realise it. Either that or because they were dumb toothless rednecks.

The Jerry Springer show was just great entertainment.
Original post by Kiss

Btw, the title is Jeremy Kyle is a t-w-a-t, not the c word (although he fits easily into that category too.)

A joke I saw somewhere:

At what point in an argument does "Let's sort this out on Jeremy Kyle!" pop up?

Seriously, does anyone have any idea why these people think going on tv would solve their problems?
Reply 12
I agree, though if you watch The Steve Wilkos Show, you'll realise he's a lot worse.
Reply 13
Take vulnerable people and exploit them for commercial viewing... it harks back to the days when people used to ogle at people confined to mental institutions for amusement.
Reply 14
And didn't he cheat on his wife with some like teenage girl? Late teens, but still.
Then he has the nerve to tell other people that what they're doing is wrong?
I struggle to see a problem, Laughing at chavs on TV seems to be a everyday thing for me.
I hate the guy.

Still check these out :awesome:

I can be bothered to watch the second one, but he reminds me of a high elf from Oblivion so given Skyrim's impending release relevant methinks.

Actually the irony is that given the time it is on, its viewer base is probably predominantly unemployed people and those skiving school.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
I like how he judges people, yet is hardly a shining beacon for humanity what with his reported gambaling adiction and cheating on his wife.
I wouldn't say Jerry Springer is any better; the people on that don't actually solve any issues and are blatantly encouraged to fight/strip/make a complete fool of themselves. It's exploitation of what often appears to be quite vulnerable people. It can be funny but it's not educational, it's not any of any value to those who appear on it - goodness only knows why they go for it to be honest!

Don't like Jeremy Kyle or Jerry Springer or Maury, Dr Phil, Rikki Lake or anything like that - if you've got problems, why not solve them in private with a properly trained professional rather than embarrassing yourself and rendering yourself virtually unemployable in front of the entire nation?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
So you don't like Jeremy Kyle but you are also pretty disparaging about the guests. You can't have it both ways, surely?

Quick Reply

Latest