How much does it cost to get your nails done (on average)? Watch

username2750592
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nicobrad123)
YER that's what I thought as don't want to charge to much , in some case I'd go to £30 depending on what is used
I get my nails done very often, but have moved away from acrylics and more to gel/shellac.

Take into account any local competition though. I'm loyal to the nail parlour I visit, however when a new salon opened up close by, they offered cheaper prices and had a student discount etc, which is helping them to build a customer base. So consider doing something along those lines to start getting customers through the door?
Nicobrad123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sleepinglions)
I get my nails done very often, but have moved away from acrylics and more to gel/shellac.

Take into account any local competition though. I'm loyal to the nail parlour I visit, however when a new salon opened up close by, they offered cheaper prices and had a student discount etc, which is helping them to build a customer base. So consider doing something along those lines to start getting customers through the door?
Thanks yer I was thinking about that 😊
Nicobrad123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sleepinglions)

Yer I was thinking of things along them lines ,
I'm doing my market research at the min and all the help I've got so far is so appreciated 😊
Andy182
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've just checked and you're only a six hour drive away. Maybe it could be worth the trip. I could get there and back in a day
Spreck67
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chocolate buttons)
I'm thinking about going to get some acrylic nails put on. I have very short nails due to biting them all the time and they look really unattractive and grubby. I've never got them done before. I want the short ones so I can get used to them. I was also wondering if getting them painted would add to the cost? Thanks xx
I used to bite my nails really badly and I did consider acrylic nails but found out that they can weaken your nails alot and almost make the problem worse.
What I went for instead was to have Calgel nail polish put on as this means that your nails can still grow underneath but the nail polish makes the nail harder to bite. I saw the difference almost immediately and since having them done once a month for at least a year, my nails are much longer and are looking alot more healthy.
So instead of acrylic, I would suggest gel nail polish.
It cost me £15 each time I went.
Good luck with nails!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nicobrad123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Andy182)
I've just checked and you're only a six hour drive away. Maybe it could be worth the trip. I could get there and back in a day
Only if u r happy with the drive and I'll have t let u no when I get sorted as well still need a few bits n bobs in x
Andy182
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nicobrad123)
Only if u r happy with the drive and I'll have t let u no when I get sorted as well still need a few bits n bobs in x
Do you think that you might offer other services like waxing, eyebrow shaping, semi-permanent make-up etc?

If I'm going to make a six hour drive (x2), I want to get as much as possible done.
Nicobrad123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Andy182)
Do you think that you might offer other services like waxing, eyebrow shaping, semi-permanent make-up etc?

If I'm going to make a six hour drive (x2), I want to get as much as possible done.
Well I've got a course for eyebrow on Sunday so after that I'd be able t offer eyebrows (tinting, waxing , threading , plucking)
pam drew
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
where is this place
pam drew
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i;ll try to find somewhere local to me.
_.s.prxv._
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I also bite my nails and got them done before depending how they do it (tape cones or extension like things) it can be difficult. But I loved the experience and am wanting to get them done again.
Princess_Poppy_X
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is the price any different with children ?
ann_js
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it also depends on the quality of the salon you go too.. you can find cheap manicures in london for 15 pounds. go on groupon and discount websites as they usually have offers on manicures
theblow
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sometimes I make my mani for free. As a model during the master-classes. Last time she chose the corral design, red merged with silver, like here https://naildesignsjournal.com/summer-nails-colors/.
lightlyblue
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i pay around £250 on average
Lisa ivory
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How much are the French manicure
Andy182
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I normally pay about £25 for a French manicure.
32Katy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
średnio kosztuje około 25-30 funty
Perdthiania
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
=)
Last edited by Perdthiania; 7 months ago
Laila20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If I want to get plain nails how much would you say it costs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%
Putting on a brave face (242)
13.88%
Impatient (215)
12.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise