The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not really the same sort of thing, but I was really nervous at my Cardiff interview, and the first thing I said when I walked in was 'Good Morning!'. It was 3:30 in the afternoon.
Reply 2
This wasn't for a medical interview but for a job. My friend goes in and tried to play the confidence card...

Sits down and before the interviewer even asks a question...my friend goes...."So when do I start?"

Didn't go over very well lol
Reply 3
Completely retracting an answer and restarting was one of my highlights.... got away with it though
for a vet interview but my friend told the interviewer to "shut up" (and still got in...)
Reply 5
If it's a laugh you want:

this genuinely happened to someone i know -

the interviewer said "what do you like to read" and the applicant replied with "the back of the shampoo bottle" :tongue:
Reply 7
oops sorry. I negged you by accident. :/
Reply 8
Original post by Elwyn
Not really the same sort of thing, but I was really nervous at my Cardiff interview, and the first thing I said when I walked in was 'Good Morning!'. It was 3:30 in the afternoon.

Judging by your sig. this clearly didn't matter! :biggrin:

At her Birmingham interview for Medicine, my sister told the interviewers she was a Catholic (it was relevant to the question asked) and they basically attacked her because of it, asking her whether she would pray for a patient instead of treating them medically (which is frankly a stupid question). It didn't make a difference because she answered the question quite simply and got an offer as a result. Probably not the best thing to tell them though as they'll pick up on everything. In the end she accepted Sheffield and is there now. :smile:
Reply 9
I was told by the a UCL admissions tutor that in an interview an applicant put his feet up on the table and said "so when do I start". His dad was a doctor at the hospital there so he thought it meant automatic offer.

It didn't. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJECTED! :lol:
Reply 10
when i went in for an the interveiwer told me to relax and told me the story of apparently one boy who had been told to stand out at his medical interveiw and have something to make the interveiwer remember him. So when asked what his hobbies are apparently one of his answers was kissing and cuddling :P
Original post by dunnicare
I was told by the a UCL admissions tutor that in an interview an applicant put his feet up on the table and said "so when do I start". His dad was a doctor at the hospital there so he thought it meant automatic offer.

It didn't. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJECTED! :lol:

I have interviewed quite a lot of people (in my previous career), and you always get the few who want to be arrogant and think that they deserve the post or there is no one better than them. I never gave the job to any of them!

The worst interviewee I ever had was a guy who turned up 15 minutes late in jeans and trainers.
Reply 12
Original post by Godin_D
when i went in for an the interveiwer told me to relax and told me the story of apparently one boy who had been told to stand out at his medical interveiw and have something to make the interveiwer remember him. So when asked what his hobbies are apparently one of his answers was kissing and cuddling :P

Well, he did stand out! :tongue:
Original post by Entangled
If it's a laugh you want:

Brilliant! I can imagine myself giving half of these answers under pressure :colondollar:
Original post by ChangedMyMind

The worst interviewee I ever had was a guy who turned up 15 minutes late in jeans and trainers.

Trainers and jeans eh :rolleyes:
This happened at a job interview and hopefully won't at any possible medical interviews. The interviewer asked me "What is your greatest weakness?" to which I suddenly replied "Kryptonite".

It was an awful awful moment; he never understood the reference so I looked like an idiot and never got the job. I didn't even mean to say it - the word just popped out. So embarassing... :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Elwyn

Ran out of +reps but looooooooool.
Reply 17
One of my friends knew someone who went for an oxbridge interview. He was invited into a room where he tripped over a courner of a rug and faceplanted the table. No idea what happened after that of if he got in or not.
Reply 18
At my Cambridge interview, we were discussing hormones and endocrine/exocrine secretion. Got onto insulin, had to explain why it can't be taken orally, and then they asked me if I could think of any hormones that could be taken orally. In my head I was going "The Pill! THE PILL!!!!" but then a little voice was saying "But these are really old men, and they're Cambridge dons, they can't be asking me about SEX..." so I just sat there going red and umming for a fair time until they put me out of my misery (for the record, steroids is a less embarrassing alternative answer). Worked out ok in the end though. :smile:
Not really IN an interview but before my Sheffield interview - we were waiting in a side room to be called to be interviewed. Everyone in the room was reading the newspaper/PS/interview guide book/etc. I fell asleep in my chair and when the interviewer came and fetch me she saw me dead asleep. Oops.

Latest

Trending

Trending