The Student Room Group

Your "Oh ****!" stories/moment at University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by FallenDeath
This thread is so hilarious. I hope things like these happen while I am at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They will. Shove lots of drunk people in a very small space and... Well lets just say if you were from another planet you'd never work out that universities are where some of the brightest minds on the planet gather.
I could potentially have the worst one:

I used to sleep walk and sleep talk a little when I was younger but that pretty much stopped and only happens rarely. Anyway was in my 1st year at Halls and I'd been to my mates room upstairs to play some games, after that I decided to come down and go to bed. It was pretty hot in there and I thought what the heck I'll just sleep naked.

When I'd fallen asleep I started dreaming that I was still in my mates room naked in his bed! I thought **** I gotta get out of here and back downstairs to my room. So I jumped out of my bed completely naked and opened my door which then locked behind me. I was still dreaming at this point so I ran to the next door which takes me out of my 6 person dormitory and once I'd gone past that it too locked behind me. I turned around and thought I forgot my key so I tried to open the door and I was so puzzled why it wasnt opening. Then I woke up.

Was completely naked and locked out of my room and my dormitory and there was NOTHING to cover myself with I couldn't run in the kitchen and get a tea towel or save myself some embarrasement and get one of my flatmates to go to the secruity office to let me back in. Fortunely it was 5am at this point and there was few people around I had to act like a ninja to get to the secruity office hiding behind a wall as someone went back to their room after a fag.

Finally reached the security office to the security guard who pretty much just laughed at me as I asked to be let back in. He gave me some toilet roll to cover myself down there a bit lol. Was kind enough to run back to my flat with me, mentioned it wasn't the prettiest sight in the world as he was behind me on the stairs looking up lol.

Anyway that was the most embarrasing moment of my life, I'm just so glad this didnt happen at around 11pm otherwise I would have for sure been seen by the masses. :colondollar:
Original post by Poker Player
I could potentially have the worst one:

I used to sleep walk and sleep talk a little when I was younger but that pretty much stopped and only happens rarely. Anyway was in my 1st year at Halls and I'd been to my mates room upstairs to play some games, after that I decided to come down and go to bed. It was pretty hot in there and I thought what the heck I'll just sleep naked.

When I'd fallen asleep I started dreaming that I was still in my mates room naked in his bed! I thought **** I gotta get out of here and back downstairs to my room. So I jumped out of my bed completely naked and opened my door which then locked behind me. I was still dreaming at this point so I ran to the next door which takes me out of my 6 person dormitory and once I'd gone past that it too locked behind me. I turned around and thought I forgot my key so I tried to open the door and I was so puzzled why it wasnt opening. Then I woke up.

Was completely naked and locked out of my room and my dormitory and there was NOTHING to cover myself with I couldn't run in the kitchen and get a tea towel or save myself some embarrasement and get one of my flatmates to go to the secruity office to let me back in. Fortunely it was 5am at this point and there was few people around I had to act like a ninja to get to the secruity office hiding behind a wall as someone went back to their room after a fag.

Finally reached the security office to the security guard who pretty much just laughed at me as I asked to be let back in. He gave me some toilet roll to cover myself down there a bit lol. Was kind enough to run back to my flat with me, mentioned it wasn't the prettiest sight in the world as he was behind me on the stairs looking up lol.

Anyway that was the most embarrasing moment of my life, I'm just so glad this didnt happen at around 11pm otherwise I would have for sure been seen by the masses. :colondollar:

That is actually hilarious! Aw :tongue:
Reply 323
left my thongs on shared bathroom floor in hall (3 girls and 2 boys) after having a shower. Then came to visit my auntie for a day. Came back hall and its still there
pretty sure all of my flatmates saw it cause theres no way they didnt use the toilet for 1 day long. probably the housekeeper as well cause its Friday
Original post by StartSomething
Haha noooo. It was funny because that's what it looked like. But I'm 100% sure nothing happened :tongue:
You might not have done that but mabye you did other stuff or you planned to and in the end just passed out. what ever happened I hope it was fun.
Original post by jonathanemptage
You might not have done that but mabye you did other stuff or you planned to and in the end just passed out. what ever happened I hope it was fun.

Nooo I am completely innocent in all this :tongue:
Original post by writergirl
Literally stumbling down the stairs to get out of a vile lecture to be sick (thank you, 90p drinks).
Being asked by an attractive boy outside of Asda to borrow a pen...to which I reached into my bag and handed him a tampon. (complete and utter cringe).
Knocking over a lifesize cutout of 'The King's Speech' in Tesco and shouting "SORRY COLIN" over my headphones and being greeted by lots of weird looks. (understandable).

yep, can safely say University has changed my life. Wish the above were abnormal elements of my life, but i just attract weird situations haha.

The 'Sorry Colin' is a personal favourite of mine haahhhaa. The tampon one is pretty funny too!
Original post by KJane
For my first English Lecture I went into the wrong hall, didn't get the memo that it had changed to next door. Turns out I was in the lecture for 'Early Years Teaching' and had to ask a load of people to let me out just as the lecturer was about to start, because I'd thought it'd be a good idea to sit in the middle of a row at the front...

Got caught sneaking in alcohol into the Uni Student club, not realising they'd begun putting security guys to check handbags and frisk the guys on your way in, got caught with it and had it taken away. I brought them because I had no money on me, so spent the entire night without a drink. My flatmates enjoy teasing me about this incident.

Got drunk last week, decided to go planking with my flatmates, thought it would be funny to 'plank' a dense looking hedge. Wasn't so dense afterall and I'm still sporting the bruises.

Do you go to the university of Rio De Janeiro too?
A new year has started, freshers week has finished in some places and the new cohort of uni students have joined us. So- what has everyone been up to these past few weeks? I'll start-

- Was at the SU icebreaker and bumped into this girl who begins flirting with me. I see a friend across the room and run over to meet him, telling the girl to stay put. After a brief hello, I turn back to the girl to see her making out with a random guy. Wasted opportunity there.
- Got invited on a night out with all from uni but said no as I had a lecture the next morning. I turn up for the lecture the next day to find that it was not 9am but 1pm, meaning I could have gone on the immense night out that EVERYONE went to.
- Went to the library to take out a book and realised that I had £35 of unpaid fines, meaning I can't take out ANY books until it is paid off. Truly an 'Oh ****' moment for the first week.
The moment i realised i had to leave
i'm actually crying laughing after reading all of this thread!
My period was somewhat late and although I was on the pill and therefore pretty sure I wasn't pregnant, I decided to buy a test just in case. On the way to Boots, I decided to stop into Sainsburys and buy a bottle of basic vodka in anticipation of a night out that particular night, and stuck it in my handbag. By the time I got to the till in Boots, I'd forgotten about this so I handed over the test and started rummaging around in my handbag to find my card to pay and ended up pulling out the bottle of vodka which caused the woman behind the till to give me the most DISGUSTED look you've ever seen. And if that wasn't bad enough, the vodka had taken me up to my overdraft limit so my card was declined!!! So basically, I accidentally spent the last of my money on booze instead ofa a pregnancy test. And that woman probably thought I was scum xD
I was doing a placement over the summer at the house I lived in all last year and our landlord really complains if we let the front garden become a mess, so since no one had been at the house for about 5 weeks, the grass was in real need of cutting. The weekend I got back I figured I would get it sorted out, so out I head to the front garden, mow the lawn, go to go back in the house and realise the front door has shut behind me, locking me out. No housemates are at home (in fact the closest is about 300 miles away), my door keys are helpfully in the hall, no windows in the house are open, my phone is also shut in the house, so I can't call the landlord even if I wanted to risk that! So begins me trying to find a way to break into my own house! There is no way to get round to the back of the house from the front, but I realise I left the back door unlocked when I fetched the lawnmower...so I just need to find a way of getting round there.

I went round and knocked on my neighbours doors to see if I can climb over their fence and neither of them are in. At which point it decided to start to rain - lovely timing! At which point I start eyeing the garage roof up - a flat garage roof which leads round to the back of the house, so I try to jump and pull myself up onto the roof, which was going ok, until the point where the apparently rotten wooden boarding around the edge of the roof breaks, depositing me back on the driveway, in front of my next door neighbours but one (who I don't really know) wanting to know what I was doing! After an interrogation from them, in which time they decided that maybe I did live there...they deciding to let me through their garden. After two fencing jumping sessions later from neighbour to neighbour to me, I finally made it back into my house!
in first year i was walking home after a night out by myself, off my face, tripped on a step smashed my two front teeth in half.

Wake up the next morning, not a clue what happened the night before and then feel that i have no front teeth cue a big "oh ****" went to the emergency dentist and they were asking questions like "how did it happen" "how many units of alcohol did you consumer" "do you know where the bits of tooth went" all of the answers were "don't know". It was only in the afternoon that i started getting flashbacks of how it happened.

In the end i speant about 3 hours in the dentists having tests and xrays and tempoary teeth put in, just as i think i get to leave they say "now as you don't know what happened to the bits of teeth there is a posibility you inhaled them and they could be in your lungs which could puncture them, so we're going to send you for a chest xray" Another hour of panic later and thankfully they weren't there.

Quick Reply

Latest