The Student Room Group

Your "Oh ****!" stories/moment at University

Scroll to see replies

Subbed :ahee:
Nice to see the return of this thread :ahee:
I got locked out of my flat on the penultimate week of the year, realised I left my keys in the door inside my flat, but needed the porters to get me into my flat.
Literally stumbling down the stairs to get out of a vile lecture to be sick (thank you, 90p drinks).
Being asked by an attractive boy outside of Asda to borrow a pen...to which I reached into my bag and handed him a tampon. (complete and utter cringe).
Knocking over a lifesize cutout of 'The King's Speech' in Tesco and shouting "SORRY COLIN" over my headphones and being greeted by lots of weird looks. (understandable).

yep, can safely say University has changed my life. Wish the above were abnormal elements of my life, but i just attract weird situations haha.
Original post by writergirl

Knocking over a lifesize cutout of 'The King's Speech' in Tesco and shouting "SORRY COLIN" over my headphones and being greeted by lots of weird looks.

You heathen!

It's "SORRY YOUR MAJESTY" not "SORRY COLIN".

I swear this country is massively going to the pits. Jeez.

:hmmm:
Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!
You heathen!

It's "SORRY YOUR MAJESTY" not "SORRY COLIN".

I swear this country is massively going to the pits. Jeez.

:hmmm:

First name terms and all that.
Suppose this could've happened anywhere, but I was on a night out and decided to leave early and walk home as I was tired. It's about a half an hour walk back to my halls from town...I was wearing a tight skirt with sheer tights, so drunk I didn't even feel it riding up gradually as I walked along. Once I got back to my room I realised i'd walked past loads of people, including the college porter, through the lit foyer area and corridors with my skirt bunched right up around my hips/waist showing my pants. :blush:
It must've looked like someone had attempted to rape me on my way home.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 167
Not uni, but post A Level college.

On the first day I walked into the department, I was about 3 weeks later than the others starting. Anyway, met them all and had a bit of a longer conversation with one who had done the same A Levels as me. A while later got called into an induction, sat down next to a this same guy, turned to him and asked him what course he was doing, he was like 'erm, the same as you, we just spent 10 minutes taking' I was just like 'oh yeh I'm crap with faces :redface:'. Totally forgot I'd even met him before.

Then in another very boring lecture there were only about 20 of us, 2 called Michael. Both of us dosed off at the same time and the lecturer got a 2for1 by shouting 'am I keeping you awake Michael' lol
My **** moment was in my very first geometry lecture of the year, I was known for the person to ask a question and fall asleep. Lecturer hated me after that :redface:
Original post by writergirl
First name terms and all that.

:laugh:

Touché.
Reply 170
Doing a proper loud fart in the middle of a lecture because I just couldn't hold it in any longer. :s-smilie:
Thinking, whilst ridiculously drunk, it would be hugely funny if we all tried to see if we could get one of the new lecture rooms after hours (why this was fun I don't know!). Ended up falling down the really huge stairs in the hallway and cracking my ribcage! OUCH! The next day, I was in so much pain that after my seminar I went to the toilet, and just as I take about 50 nurofen my seminar tutor walks in, looks at me doubled up in pain and wished me a good weekend. Must have looked like a right druggie!

Also, this didn't happen to me, but about 45 mins into a lecture, a girl rushes in and sits down. The Lecturer goes "this must be a new record for being late" before the girl stands quickly stands up and says "my lecture hasn't even started yet!" before running out! HAHAHAH
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 172
Windmilling some passers by from a 3rd floor window when pissed then seeing one of them in a lecture the next day.
Original post by willbee
Doing a proper loud fart in the middle of a lecture because I just couldn't hold it in any longer. :s-smilie:

You should learn the art of releasing a fart in small segments at low velocity. That way you can just go 'whose fart was that' when everyone picks up the odour that came without any prior warning.
Reply 174
Another few "OH ****" moments:

Me and a mate throwing up in a taxi, pretending we didn't and then hearing it slosh around as we turn a corner.

Another throwing up incident: my best friend (same girl) throwing up in a club into the space behind a sofa and the wall, to learn that some girls had put their coats down there so they didn't have to pay the pound for the cloakroom.

Getting detained under the Mental Health Act after a particularly eventful Hallowe'en and a misunderstanding with the police where my little drunken paddling session was described as "walking into the sea" leading them to think that I was suicidal. :s-smilie:

Getting told that the staff at the hospital remember me from Freshers' week when I was shouting at a woman called "Ange" who was looking after her own drunk in A&E and yelling "IT'S FUNNY COS ANGE SOUNDS LIKE CLUNGE!"

Being chased through town after peeing off the top of a building to find a couple had been making out underneath me :frown:

Drinking vodka shots when I had a cold, only for them to come spraying out my nose five seconds later, all over the bar, to the disgust of the staff.

Finding out that one of my flatmates **** in the bath.

Finding out that I'd slept in the bath that was **** in.

Finding out an ex-flatmate had tried to pee through my keyhole while I was on the phone to my mum.

Finding out that the president of Aber's LBGT society had just assumed I was gay after he tried to get with me in a club in front of all my mates.

And I think that is it for my OH **** moments at uni so far. Roll on second year. :tongue:
Original post by willbee

Me and a mate throwing up in a taxi, pretending we didn't and then hearing it slosh around as we turn a corner.

Another throwing up incident: my best friend (same girl) throwing up in a club into the space behind a sofa and the wall, to learn that some girls had put their coats down there so they didn't have to pay the pound for the cloakroom.

Getting detained under the Mental Health Act after a particularly eventful Hallowe'en and a misunderstanding with the police where my little drunken paddling session was described as "walking into the sea" leading them to think that I was suicidal. :s-smilie:

Getting told that the staff at the hospital remember me from Freshers' week when I was shouting at a woman called "Ange" who was looking after her own drunk in A&E and yelling "IT'S FUNNY COS ANGE SOUNDS LIKE CLUNGE!"

Being chased through town after peeing off the top of a building to find a couple had been making out underneath me :frown:

Drinking vodka shots when I had a cold, only for them to come spraying out my nose five seconds later, all over the bar, to the disgust of the staff.

Finding out an ex-flatmate had tried to pee through my keyhole while I was on the phone to my mum.

Finding out that the president of Aber's LBGT society had just assumed I was gay after he tried to get with me in a club in front of all my mates.

And I think that is it for my OH **** moments at uni so far. Roll on second year. :tongue:

Oh god these are just all fabulous it reminds me of me when I'm drunk at uni (like I'm drunk now but not at uni)

Gorl you craycray :biggrin:
I left my phone in a lecture theatre once. Someone kindly text my boyfriend saying that they had my phone, but crawling on the floor in the next lecture was a complete joke. People must have thought I was mad. Thought I'd escaped without the lecturer knowing, but when I left he said 'Next time, it would be better to just walk through...'. Good job it was an Economics lecturer I'd never see again! :biggrin:
Reply 177
Original post by Mr. Approachable

One of my favourites for me was when I turned up for an exam, sat down and began to look over the questions, and realised that, despite being an English student, I was sat in a Psychology exam and the English one wasn't until the next day in the same place. Trying to slip out without being noticed is quite difficult!

The invigilator said as I stood up "Are you stuck?". And I was like "No, I'm just in the wrong ****ing exam!". LOL

Your turn.

I did that the other way round - I turned up the day after my exam. It cost me 25% of my second year grade (all of the marks for the module including coursework that I had already submitted on time). It also meant that I had to take a day off work in August to come in and do a resit which I had to pass to get into third year but was entitled to no marks for. That was a truly FML day...
Original post by willbee

Hahahaha I have a feeling we'd be friends if we were at the same uni. Hilarious!
Reply 179
some of these stories are hilarious
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending