The Student Room Group

'Girl next door' type girls rarely smoke, why is that?

Has anyone ever noticed that the pretty 'girl next door types' never seem to smoke? I've noticed that in general, girls who smoke tend to be less 'sweet and innocent looking' and instead more sexual/slutty/bad girl in their looks. Heck, some girls who smoke just look plain rough, though plenty look hot, but never 'girl next door' type hot.

Also, middle-class, intelligent, quieter, more studious 'good girl' types rarely seem to smoke.

Why is this?

I can look at any girl and I can tell straight away whether she's likely to smoke or not. I'm not usually wrong. Show me a pic of yourself, or any girl, and I'll tell you whether you smoke or not.

The thing is, I want to date a 'girl next door type' who smokes, but I can never seem to find one. How can I find such a girl?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I've seen 'innocent looking' girls smoking around town or in college that I normally wouldn't guess they would.
Reply 2
Because they know better. Unfortunately it's an addiction which is difficult to break once you get an impulse to try them, hence why so many smoke. It's not helped by the general opinion that it is 'cool' to smoke and chat in the smoking areas.

You can still stand out there if you like. You don't even have to smoke. Why believe that you do?

/rant off.
Reply 3
one of the qualities you look for in a girl is that she smokes? wth man.

and the reason you can never find one is because smoking is horrible for your skin, teeth and nails. You can't look sweet and innocent when you have nicotine in your pores.
Original post by Raving_Hippy
Has anyone ever noticed that the pretty 'girl next door types' never seem to smoke? I've noticed that in general, girls who smoke tend to be less 'sweet and innocent looking' and instead more sexual/slutty/bad girl in their looks. Heck, some girls who smoke just look plain rough, though plenty look hot, but never 'girl next door' type hot.

Also, middle-class, intelligent, quieter, more studious 'good girl' types rarely seem to smoke.

Why is this?

I can look at any girl and I can tell straight away whether she's likely to smoke or not. I'm not usually wrong. Show me a pic of yourself, or any girl, and I'll tell you whether you smoke or not.

The thing is, I want to date a 'girl next door type' who smokes, but I can never seem to find one. How can I find such a girl?

wtf would you want to date someone with yellow teeth and fingernails and who reeks of smoke?? Unless you yourself are a smoker... I would not want to date someone who smokes.
Reply 5
Original post by IPlayThePiccolo
wtf would you want to date someone with yellow teeth and fingernails and who reeks of smoke?? Unless you yourself are a smoker... I would not want to date someone who smokes.

I take it you don't smoke then.
Reply 6
This thread is filled with idiocy and seems to demonstrate quite well that many members of these forums have in fact never experienced the outside world.

Get outa the ****ing womb, guys.

Why is this?

Weird thread. Do you think I smoke?
Reply 8
You do look like the 'girl next door' type, so I'd say you don't smoke. But maybe I am wrong.
Reply 9
Original post by concubine
This thread is filled with idiocy and seems to demonstrate quite well that many members of these forums have in fact never experienced the outside world.

Get outa the ****ing womb, guys.

Was that a reference to me, or to those who replied to this thread?
Reply 10
Because "girl-next-door" is associated with the idea of being wholesome. Smoking isn't exactly what leaps to mind when one thinks of "wholesome" and so as soon as we see a girl smoking, we don't think of her as wholesome and therefore can never see her as the "girl-next-door" type.

I doubt you can tell if a girl smokes just by looking at her, this is more a case of your mind sorting girls into types after you've seen them smoking.

Man, I said wholesome too many times in this post. :/
Fun fact of the day:

Girls who smoke are often very keen on penis penetration in the anal area. Basically, they like getting rammed up the arse.
It surprises you that people you describe as "intelligent" usually do not smoke?

That's... interesting.
You do look like the 'girl next door' type, so I'd say you don't smoke. But maybe I am wrong.

Yup you're wrong, I do.
Reply 14
Haha ok, so maybe there are 'girl next door' types who smoke after all.
Reply 15
Nobody ever smokes, I remember when all the cool people used to do it when I was in year 7 and they were year 9... Ahhh. Good times. :frown:
Of course the vermin in the giant anti-smoking propaganda machine have lied to a generation. If you touch cigarettes, even in the occasional social context, you're a vile stinking hag with yellow, rotting teeth, thining hair and terrible skin. They've convinced you that smoking is the most deplorable vice in history, and that tobacco smoke is the most disgusing odour imagineable. Well it's worked.

For the record, I think a sweet, wholesome girl-next-door type enjoying the odd cig is actually something of a turn on. Also, I'm an occasional smoker so don't dismiss me as a hopless nicotine addict.
I'm by no means a 20-a-day kinda girl but I do have a few cigarettes over the course of the day and I think the definition "middle-class, intelligent, quieter, more studious 'good girl' types" could quite easily apply to me. Then again I do know what you mean; if I'm in a pub garden with friends and a few people who don't know me and I light up, I get a lot of 'wow, you don't 'look' like you smoke' comments. Never know whether to take that as a compliment!

I'll be honest, there's something rather enjoyable about smoking with your other half, but I do get how it would be off-putting if you're not a smoker yourself.
Reply 18
Original post by scribble_girl
I'm by no means a 20-a-day kinda girl but I do have a few cigarettes over the course of the day and I think the definition "middle-class, intelligent, quieter, more studious 'good girl' types" could quite easily apply to me. Then again I do know what you mean; if I'm in a pub garden with friends and a few people who don't know me and I light up, I get a lot of 'wow, you don't 'look' like you smoke' comments. Never know whether to take that as a compliment!

I'll be honest, there's something rather enjoyable about smoking with your other half, but I do get how it would be off-putting if you're not a smoker yourself.

Interesting stuff. What do you look like, do you have a pic?
Interesting stuff. What do you look like, do you have a pic?

Surprisingly, I do have pictures of myself. Unsurprisingly, I'm not going to post them on demand...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending