The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Checking out 'The Binding Of Isaac' expansion pack on the Steam page. System requirements for Minimum include 2.5GHz Processor as well as 1GB GB RAM, whilst a 5GHz processor and 2GB MB RAM is 'recommended'.
Original post by S-man10
I just wanted to say one thing:

Spoiler

Haha got your stuff I take it?
oh yeah :sogood:
Original post by S-man10
oh yeah :sogood:

Glad you like [=
Reply 2144
Seems to be a lot of people in the coding forum with "groundbreaking" website ideas, probably as summer is coming up..
Reply 2145
Original post by Jake9
Seems to be a lot of people in the coding forum with "groundbreaking" website ideas, probably as summer is coming up..

We need a ban on "idea guys" in the dev forum. :colonhash:
Original post by Dez
We need a ban on "idea guys" in the dev forum. :colonhash:

There must be a more fun solution for them.

Program some kind of troll bot to string them along and send them to websites like this. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mangoh

Can anyone tell me what a pre-paid contract is?

I don't think such thing exists. You either get prepaid (pay as you go) OR contract.
About to order my i5 3570K with account to it being £163 on Amazon (Retail, not OEM) :smile:

EDIT: Damn just realised I could've saved £15 on my Mobo if I bought it with my graphics card from Dabs. Too late now :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hassi94
About to order my i5 3570K with account to it being £163 on Amazon (Retail, not OEM) :smile:

Nice one, I've got my PC rigged up with that same CPU in now and it is ridiculously fast compared to my last one. The SSD has made so much difference as well, makes Windows feel so responsive, can't believe I coped this long without one!
Original post by RipperRoo
Nice one, I've got my PC rigged up with that same CPU in now and it is ridiculously fast compared to my last one. The SSD has made so much difference as well, makes Windows feel so responsive, can't believe I coped this long without one!

The new build all good then? :biggrin: What graphics card are you running (or is it a non-gaming build, I can't remember :tongue:)? Really looking forward to putting it all together but I must get these exams done! :tongue:
Original post by hassi94
The new build all good then? :biggrin: What graphics card are you running (or is it a non-gaming build, I can't remember :tongue:)? Really looking forward to putting it all together but I must get these exams done! :tongue:

Great so far, I was terrified to even turn it on at first. :biggrin:

ATI HD7850. Was much easier than I thought it would be to put it all together; I thought the wiring would be a nightmare but it was actually rather straight forward.

Although I did accidentally screw my mobo in with special screws for my case meant for HDDs at first, that was a bit of a set back. :tongue:

Turns out the Fractal Define R3 case that I got is a monster, so next on the agenda to buy: a desk it will actually fit under.
I read somewhere you could drain or do something with your amp to improve it battery life etc. Would you recommend, and how you would go about doing such a thing? :holmes:
Original post by RipperRoo
Great so far, I was terrified to even turn it on at first. :biggrin:

ATI HD7850. Was much easier than I thought it would be to put it all together; I thought the wiring would be a nightmare but it was actually rather straight forward.

Although I did accidentally screw my mobo in with special screws for my case meant for HDDs at first, that was a bit of a set back. :tongue:

Turns out the Fractal Define R3 case that I got is a monster, so next on the agenda to buy: a desk it will actually fit under.

:lol: @ the bold :tongue:

And all sounds good, hope I don't encounter any problems (I've done it before for a friend but things can always go wrong :tongue:).

I think all I have left to buy is mobo, RAM, HDD and SSD now (okay now I've written it out it seems like a lot) :tongue:
Original post by S-man10
I read somewhere you could drain or do something with your amp to improve it battery life etc. Would you recommend, and how you would go about doing such a thing? :holmes:

No idea on that, not something I've heard of. I assume it's just typical guidelines for li-ion batteries, try and drain the battery completely and then charge it fully too.
Reply 2155
Hey
Could I get opinions on which processor (suggestions on a compatible motherboard would be nice too :colondollar:) I should get for a light/casual gaming machine (nothing too strenuous, but I'd expect it to handle Football Manager while watching a film).

Its primary use will be for MS Office, will be doing lots of HD streaming and will have multiple programs open at the time as well.

I've got a budget of about £200 for those two components. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Ruin.
Hey
Could I get opinions on which processor (suggestions on a compatible motherboard would be nice too :colondollar:) I should get for a light/casual gaming machine (nothing too strenuous, but I'd expect it to handle Football Manager while watching a film).

Its primary use will be for MS Office, will be doing lots of HD streaming and will have multiple programs open at the time as well.

I've got a budget of about £200 for those two components. Thanks :smile:

This: http://www.dabs.com/products/intel-core-i5-3450-s1155-3-1ghz-6mb-7YXL.html?q=i5%203450&src=16

And this: http://www.dabs.com/products/gigabyte-z77-ds3h-s1155-intel-z77-ddr3-atx-8307.html?q=z77&src=16

For £215

Problem is there's quite a big step down for anything lower than this, so if you're intent on not going above £200 it'll have to be a dual core i3 (still a great processor but nothing in comparison to the i5) for more like £185 (inc. motherboard).
Is anyone aware of any sub-£30 Android handsets? Thanks to the lovely folks at TSR I've got tickets to go to Beach Break Festival (Very excited =D) and they want us to blog about the event via TSR's Android/iOS apps. I've got my old iPhone 4 but it's been very temperamental lately so I need a cheap backup device. I'm literally after the cheapest handset I can get, the only requirements are that it runs the TSR app so Android 1.5 or higher (according to the Google Play page) and has 3G connectivity. Unlocked or on Orange is preferable so I can put my current sim in, but not essential. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 2158
:facepalm:

Some guy is trying to download IE 9 as a replacement ><

Opera is rubbish as it isn't compatible with Norton and Chrome is rubbish too imo

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2019010
Original post by Vulpes
:facepalm:

Some guy is trying to download IE 9 as a replacement ><

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2019010

I think the biggest weirdness there is using (in)compatibility with Norton as reasoning to say a browser's rubbish :erm:

Latest

Trending

Trending