The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hassi94
Do iPods even play FLAC?

Like Dez said there's ALAC which is also lossless, or you can install a third party firmware called Rockbox which does play FLAC (:
Reply 1481
Original post by hassi94
Do iPods even play FLAC?

I have FLAC copies of music because I my parents have a very high quality sound system with a Sonos controller and a network drive, so the improvement is worth it.
:facepalm2:
Ive been doing quite a few surveys now for a week or so thinking this is really good etc and then i log in to realise that i havent been given credit for them and then see that you have to qualify for the credit ie give them the answers the want to hear.I can see now why it took you a while to get a voucher
Reply 1484
Original post by wizard710
Ive been doing quite a few surveys now for a week or so thinking this is really good etc and then i log in to realise that i havent been given credit for them and then see that you have to qualify for the credit ie give them the answers the want to hear.I can see now why it took you a while to get a voucher

Yeah a lot of the recent surveys haven't been credited to users, I'm still waiting for some from as far back as March 16th. I've got about £7 in pending haha. No idea why they're doing this, the vast majority I did prior to March credited instantly :holmes:
what is with this 'ultrabooks'' :shifty:
Reply 1487
Original post by S-man10

Thin, overpriced laptops. Basically trying to copy Apple. I'd rather have a "tab dock" solution, if I'm honest. Something like the transformer series, but running Intel Windows (never going to Win RT, I like to play with my machines). :unimpressed:
I want a Win 8 Intel tablet with a keyboard dock...

Win8 on Arm doesn't even have media player... :colonhash:
Hmph, I've just been informed that the player I ordered is no longer stocked by the company I ordered from. What's worse is that they've already charged me for it, so I can't order anything else until I've gotten refunded by them. Not a happy bunny :\
Original post by S-man10

At risk of sounding like a frothing Apple fanboy, it really does seem like they're all just trying to copy the MacBook Air. Ironically from what I've seen they all end up in the same price range as the Air models, losing one of the key advantages Windows holds onto, affordability. I personally can't see ultrabooks doing well until they can properly differentiate themselves from the MacBook Air in terms of design and pricing.
That's nice to know. I'll wait and see him much I get credited should be 2 or 3 quid I reckon :smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I was thinking of changing my setup in the near future recently. I wanted a small portable laptop like on of those ultra books for carry around with me, with a small desktop (the tiny ones) at home with a big 27+ screen perhaps.

Although bought pieces seem overpriced. Thoughts? :holmes:
Original post by Tathrim
Thin, overpriced laptops. Basically trying to copy Apple. I'd rather have a "tab dock" solution, if I'm honest. Something like the transformer series, but running Intel Windows (never going to Win RT, I like to play with my machines). :unimpressed:

OMG! Windows RG?!

Spoiler

Reply 1493
Original post by Mad Vlad
OMG! Windows RG?!

Spoiler

Oldie but a classic. :lol: Gotta love Windows RG. :p:
Original post by Tathrim

Original post by mikeyd85
I want a Win 8 Intel tablet with a keyboard dock...

Win8 on Arm doesn't even have media player... :colonhash:

Exactly what I've been wanting :frown:
Why a tabdock solutions rather than the one a ultrabook? :holmes:
Seinfeld and Bill Gates :rofl:
Reply 1497
Original post by S-man10
Why a tabdock solutions rather than the one a ultrabook? :holmes:

Flexibility. Using a tablet on trains is easier than using a laptop, but the keyboard is needed for other things.
Original post by Tathrim
Flexibility. Using a tablet on trains is easier than using a laptop, but the keyboard is needed for other things.

This pretty much sums up why I'm hoping to get an iPad, I spend an ungodly amount of time on coaches where using a laptop comfortably is nigh on impossible. It's either that or pay my girlfriend to relocate, which is much larger investment :ahee:
Reply 1499
Not really. Chocolate. Done :P

Latest

Trending

Trending