The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Audiophiles Anonymous awaits you.

It unfortunately does, looking at Head-fi does not paint a good picture for my future. However my last few pieces that I've acquired have either been rational acquirements (My iPod died so I needed a new one anyway and my customs were a birthday present) or purchases I could afford to make since I had money set aside for a holiday that's not happening anymore. The worrying part comes in six months, when the only way is up and the next step is either a really expensive set of over-ears or the stepping stones of a fully blown hifi system. Ironically one will inevitably lead into the other anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by G8D
How much did you spend?

Just now? £120.
That's like 10 times the most I've ever spent on headphones. :erm:
Original post by G8D
Guzs help me, mz kezboard has changed language I think. Colon = ö, semi = é etc etc. Y is swapped with Z. WHATS GOING ON_+_+_+

EDIT, onlz in Chrome. BRB going under the bonnet.

Haha the z's are making me laugh :tongue:
Original post by G8D
Guzs help me, mz kezboard has changed language I think. Colon = ö, semi = é etc etc. Y is swapped with Z. WHATS GOING ON_+_+_+

EDIT, onlz in Chrome. BRB going under the bonnet.

Have zou turned it off and turned it back on again, zet?
Original post by G8D
That's like near my top level budget for any headphones ever :sad:

Original post by Mad Vlad
That's like 10 times the most I've ever spent on headphones. :erm:

With any luck it will be the last thing I buy for a while now! I'm going to try and curb the urge some people get and be content with what I've got, before I tip right over into being a fully fledged audiophile. It's all great gear so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue.

To drag this back away from the headphone conversation (I'm almost proud of myself if I didn't have Head Fi open), what are the prices of "high capacity" SSDs looking like now? I know you can pick up ±120GB ones for under the £100 mark now, but my mate's looking to inject some new life into his laptop but needs more capacity than that without having to lug around external HDDs and he reckons his laptop can only house one drive.
Reply 1786
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by G8D
Yes and it sorted it.

I was on some Norwegian sites earlier that required translating and I think that somehow confused Chrone :erm:

Might be a Google thing, I was trying to use Google Translate in Firefox yesterday and for some reason it repeatedly interpreted "translate to english" as "translate to arabic" :holmes:

Very nice find, should have remembered Overclockers haha.
Reply 1788
hotukdeals.com is always littered with cheap SSD deals :tongue:

Currently 120GB for £68.98 and 240GB for £159.98.
Original post by G8D
Safe tool with which to brute force a RAR with? It's my own file from a while ago and it'll have a fairly small alphabetic password.

No free ones that I can recommend, I'm afraid. :frown:
Reply 1790
Original post by Jake9

Now that's bloody tempting.
Original post by Jake9

Why would you buy a 240GB one, when you could JBOD 2x120GB ones for less?
Original post by RipperRoo
Maybe something like this?.

Just search for redirection add-ons for your browser I guess.

This worked a treat. Bit of a tricky one to set up, but I now have some very useful redirecting going on... :ninja:
Got my 2TB hard drive today. My aim is to fill it up in a month :excited:
Original post by mangoh
you're one to comment

To solve half of your problems you could have used Google.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Lolwut :lolwut:

Original post by Chrosson
Got my 2TB hard drive today. My aim is to fill it up in a month :excited:

I think I'll have to get a 2TB when I build my PC - considering I've filled my home 1TB fairly easily and I was 'holding back' :tongue:

And I think I'm almost definitely being roped into getting an SSD. The question is 120GB or do I plump down for a 240GB?

Any heavy users here feel limited by their 120GB SSD?
Original post by mangoh
don't know why you lot are against Dre beats, best headphones going atm.

I'm sure the rest of the guys in the thread would love for me to go on a tirade about this but I've just spent the last three hours wading though a lake and cant be bothered, so I'll just leave this;

Beats offer an experience that's downright atrocious considering the prices they charge, the Pros are the only ones that aren't outperformed by headphones ranging from £80 to as little as £30 in the case of the Solos. They are outclassed in every facet and don't really have any redeeming factors.

On a happier note, I'm done with lectures for the year and my customs are being dispatched on Monday :woo:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mangoh
oh okay it's a bit like kuchi, if you have a t-shirt made by kuchi it is suddenly worth more but the quality isn't much different to fred baker?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

The difference is a shirt is a shirt, it might be overpriced but if it doesn't rip when put on then it's doing the job its designed for as well as a shirt can. Beats, on the other hand, are horrible headphones when looked at from an objective standpoint, they are grossly overcharging for a product that does its job poorly. This is akin to saying I'd be validated in sticking a logo on the wooden go kart in my shed and charging somebody the equivalent of a Bentley. Simply saying "its designer!" doesn't apply if the quality isn't there and the product is meant to have some degree of actual function.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Finished burying your Beats loving flatmate's body I see.

Nah, still in the car boot right now. Too many witnesses today :ninja:

It was actually quite a fun morning, got to put on waders and mess around in the middle of a lake while the rest of the group took measurements and identified species for me :ahee:
Forget the sarcasm I was rooting on you :tongue:
Original post by hassi94
Forget the sarcasm I was rooting on you :tongue:

We'll see how far Mangoh's responses push me XD

Latest

Trending

Trending