The Student Room Group

Are recruitment agencies good?

I'm 16 and looking for a part time job. There are a.few recruitment agencies located next to each other in my local town centre. Reeds, adecco, manpower and jo hand. How do I go about asking them to help me find a job?
(edited 12 years ago)
You go in and ask them to help you find a job.
Reply 2
Can anyone help me?
If you have experience they are great, if not they don't care about you.
Reply 4
I'm 16 so I only have 1 week work experience at a leisure centre.
Reply 5
You literally just go in and book an appointment with them, that simple. The second post in this thread was about as accurate as can be.
Reply 6
You don't need experience. I got loads of temp jobs a few years back with Blue Arrow, and I hadn't had any paid employment before that.
Your question doesn't really match your title...

Picky, I know, but just sayin'.
Reply 8
I joined a job agency 6 months ago. You have to do a few tests and stuff so they can see where you are with typing and maths etc

I've had 2 offers for a job. The first one was for a week to cover sickness. (I was working anyway so couldn't go, I did tell them that I would need notice to work it around my other job)

The second one was a week ago they called me to say there was one going if I were interested I said yes as it sounded fine and would fit around my current job. They emailed me 3 days later saying it wasn't going ahead as the client hadn't got in touch with them.

So my experience with them is bad but some of my friends have got jobs fairly quickly with them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Can you register/sign up/book an appointment on the website or do you have to do it on person?
Reply 10
recruitment agencies- i have signed up with a number over the years when ive been looking for work. overall- mostly useless. i've only ever gotten one job with an agency- temporary for two days. signed up with a bunch a year ago- no work materialised, i did however get a call from one of these a few days ago in fact asking if i was still looking for work. um, no.

for reference, i have lots of experience and good qualifications, so it shouldn't be that difficult to find something, but apparently not. i wonder who exactly is having success with recruitment agencies.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by seeraj15
Can you register/sign up/book an appointment on the website or do you have to do it on person?

maybe phone them and ask how to sign up? you will most likely have to go in and possibly do some simple tests as someone else already mentioned. also give them your cv and fill in some forms.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending