Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im needing some coloured lenses for halloween, might be a bit risky trying to order them online in time, does anyone know of any high street shops that are likely to sell them?

ReputationRep:
    Try the chemist/pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    Get a prescription for them (even if you have 20/20 vision you should be able to get a lens fitting at specsavers for example) . Seriously, wearing improperly fitted contacts is not worth the risk - you can get all kinds of eye infections/scratches (and permanent damage) from them. I recently had a corneal ulcer (caused by contact lens use - and the risk is considerably higher if you are not properly fitted for them) and it was one of the most painful things ever, and I still can't wear lenses.
    It really isn't worth the risks IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Asian places seem to have them in store and stuff. Or camden in london is a good place for it too, if not then china town in london, i remember seeing some in there. If ur not around london then ur screwed!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of fancy dress/joke shops sell them, also i've seen them being sold in certain optitions. I want the white zombie ones for Halloween but i'm too chicken to put them in my eyes. :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    I was in Red5 the gadget store in the local shopping centre and they had some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiah)
    Get a prescription for them (even if you have 20/20 vision you should be able to get a lens fitting at specsavers for example) . Seriously, wearing improperly fitted contacts is not worth the risk - you can get all kinds of eye infections/scratches (and permanent damage) from them. I recently had a corneal ulcer (caused by contact lens use - and the risk is considerably higher if you are not properly fitted for them) and it was one of the most painful things ever, and I still can't wear lenses.
    It really isn't worth the risks IMO.

(Original post by RainbowDoll)
    A lot of fancy dress/joke shops sell them, also i've seen them being sold in certain optitions. I want the white zombie ones for Halloween but i'm too chicken to put them in my eyes. :ashamed2:
    Managed to get hold of some awesome white lenses for halloween, getting them in isn't too much of an issue, but they are really uncomfortable, getting used to them now so hopefully with a little time i'll be able to handle them for a couple of hours! Anyone ever used them before or experienced the discomfort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigred0489)
    Managed to get hold of some awesome white lenses for halloween, getting them in isn't too much of an issue, but they are really uncomfortable, getting used to them now so hopefully with a little time i'll be able to handle them for a couple of hours! Anyone ever used them before or experienced the discomfort?
    I was going to get some cat eye contacts but after looking at some articles I got a bit put off by them.
    I've read if you get a burning sensation whilst wearing them or an extreme sensitivity to light then you should take the contacts out immediately as these are signs that they could be damaging your eyes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    I was going to get some cat eye contacts but after looking at some articles I got a bit put off by them.
    I've read if you get a burning sensation whilst wearing them or an extreme sensitivity to light then you should take the contacts out immediately as these are signs that they could be damaging your eyes!
    I dont get the burning sensation, or the issue with light. This may sound stupid, but it just feels like theres something in my eye, which i know there is, but surely not all contact lense wearers suffer from this. We'll see, ill give it a few more shots, if it still feels this bad, i'll leave them. But they look so freakin' awesome!

ReputationRep:
    You're in Aberdeen, yeah? Go to George Street and try Court Jesters, they have a big poster of all the contacts they sell stuck up on their door I think. Hope you find what you're looking for XD

ReputationRep:
    did you actually read anything I said?

If you feel discomfort you should take them out immediately. When I wear my "real" contact lenses I don't even notice they are there unless there is a tear or something stuck to them.

ReputationRep:
    I've never worn them before because i'm too chicken LOL :ashamed2: but my cousin wore a pair a few years ago, her eyes were quite blood shot and sore from them, they also watered a lot at first but I think this is just because she had never worn them before. I'm sure the discomfort your feeling is just because there is something in your eye and that you will soon get used to it. But if it persists or becomes painful I would take them out, if you don't need them to help your eye sight then it's not worth putting up with any pain.

ReputationRep:
    The coloured ones are generally thicker especially the white out ones etc, that's why you can kinda feel them. You get used to it though. I wear normal contacts as well. Yea they feel different but it's cause of the thickness and the colour

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.