Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically my story is I was smoking a bit of weed down an alleyway with my friends and we all got caught. I was hauled into a hearing where I was told I will be kicked out of uni. Is there anyway I can appeal against this? I am devastated as I was having fun now I am back at home, help!

ReputationRep:
    Was it on university land?

ReputationRep:
    Campaign for legalisation of weed, problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i was outside halls

ReputationRep:
    Is cannabis still illegal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Real Quaid)
    Is cannabis still illegal?
    Depressingly so.

ReputationRep:
    i was expelled from university, but then i got high then i got high!

ReputationRep:
    Ask for an appeal. If you can have respected people sign your petition you might be able to kick it.
    Have you ever worked? Done charity? Had your name up in any sports or community events? Get as much backing as possible.

with enough people signing it with a statement of good character, I can see it pull through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOTV)
    Basically my story is I was smoking a bit of weed down an alleyway with my friends and we all got caught. I was hauled into a hearing where I was told I will be kicked out of uni. Is there anyway I can appeal against this? I am devastated as I was having fun now I am back at home, help!
    A previous post of your's:

Re: Best advice you could give to a fresher?

get drunk and shag around

That's the advice I will give to you now.

ReputationRep:
    Who bought it?
    Who rolled it?
    Who lit the joint?
    Do you own a lighter?

Try to answer these questions, and perhaps you can find a way out of it.

Get a lawyer !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOTV)
    You need to look at the disciplinary code for your university, which will set out the appeals process (there will be one but you probably have a limited amount of time to appeal).

Importantly, though, you need to be honest with yourself about what you have done. I find it very difficult to believe that you have been excluded simply for smoking weed, especially if you haven't actually been convicted by a court. My suspicion would be that there is something more to this: repeated reoffending; drug dealing; violence; abuse toward staff or similar. If you have done more than just smoke weed then refusing to accept that will doom any appeal to failure.

ReputationRep:
    say u didnt know it wasnt a joint, say u thought it was a special think long cigarette

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOTV)
    what were you studying at Uni, was it a JOINT honours degree?

ReputationRep:
    Say weed is part of your cultural identity

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you'll be expelled.

My friend was selling weed & smoking a lot in halls. He got caught 3 times smoking (one of which was with a reasonably large amount of weed there) and just got warnings. On the other hand, another dude got caught by the police dealing on hall premises & got 2 years in jail.

Swings & roundabouts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    I doubt you'll be expelled.

My friend was selling weed & smoking a lot in halls. He got caught 3 times smoking (one of which was with a reasonably large amount of weed there) and just got warnings. On the other hand, another dude got caught by the police dealing on hall premises & got 2 years in jail.

Swings & roundabouts.
    Classic example of why you should read the OP properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOTV)
    You can make a successful appeal, because it is your personal time that you did it in.... also it was kinda off campus...... so it should be more of a police matter

ReputationRep:
    Don't do what my Girlfriends friend did, Where she pretended she was raped to her parents and police because she was kicked out of University and ended up in prison for lying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imhiya)
    Don't do what my Girlfriends friend did, Where she pretended she was raped to her parents and police because she was kicked out of University and ended up in prison for lying.
    Reminds me of another story I read in the newspaper
    Basically some girl at Uni couldn't finish her assignment on time, so she pretended she got raped by some cleaner at University, so she could have an extention. She got caught out in the end.
    Was it the same girl by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abir Ishtiaq)
    Reminds me of another story I read in the newspaper
    Basically some girl at Uni couldn't finish her assignment on time, so she pretended she got raped by some cleaner at University, so she could have an extention. She got caught out in the end.
    Was it the same girl by any chance?
    Doubt it, she was from near stevenage.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2012
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.