Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bristol = food poisoning I went there for the Sutton Trust Summer School - the Uni itself is really nice, but it is a bit of a trek across the city to get from the halls to the main buildings where the lectures are. We went by bus and it still took about 15 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt got the Oxford PPE. They rejected me, though I made an open application.

ReputationRep:
    What I like at Bath is that the sporting facilities are all free of charge, and they are offering you sailng and golf. At Bristol you only have the main sports. I cant live without sailing. It wouldnt be a reason to choose Bath. Bristol must be nicer then Bath with its building from the mid 60's. I found a table where Bath is at the 5th place. Bristol is only 9th. Does this count? d.

(Original post by dled)
    What I like at Bath is that the sporting facilities are all free of charge, and they are offering you sailng and golf. At Bristol you only have the main sports. I cant live without sailing. It wouldnt be a reason to choose Bath. Bristol must be nicer then Bath with its building from the mid 60's. I found a table where Bath is at the 5th place. Bristol is only 9th. Does this count? d.
    Thats the times right? i really would ignore that as bristol has a *much* higher rep for politics, seriously, i've never heard of bath for politics, we seem to spend the whole time studying books by people from aber so clearly thats the place to be!

plus overall bristol > bath

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer from Bristol for Politics. But I am not sure what to choose as a firm choice. I also applied for Stz. Andrews, Edinburgh, Bath, Warwick. What would you do? Is Bristol really good? Why dont they offer sailing or golf then. Why do they have all sorts of sport free of charge at Bath??? Thanx

ReputationRep:
    well wat do u ppl think is better between bath and manchester for economics and business studies?? got an offer from both but cant decide which to put as firm and which as insurance...is it all white ppl at bath? this interests me as i am asian...hmm...

ReputationRep:
    I would not advise people to go to Bath because it is so boring, the accomodation is worse than a prison cell. It does have the advantage of being an attractive city but you can appreciate that in one day and not 3 years. Go and see it for yourself. I don't want you lot to make the wrong decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dled)
    Hi folk,
    I recently received an unconditional offer from Bristol to study Politics and Social Policy. The next day I got an unconditional offer from Bath for Politics and Russian. I also applied for St. Andrews, Edinburgh and Warwick. No response yet. What would you choose as a firm choice? I am a bit afraid of Bristol. Is it really posh? Blair's son is attending it. No wonder than. What have you heard about Bath? Is it elite?
    THANX
    Was just gonna say Bristol, but if you feel you wouldn't feel comfortable there, then St Andrews in my opinion or Warwick as a third choice!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.