Is it possible to put an LJMU email onto an iPhone so I get them emails? Watch

puddledancer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have my hotmail already going to my iPhone 4 but is it possible to put my uni one on and if so, how??
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not sure if you can get it directly to your phone, but one possibility could be to use POP3 settings so that the emails are imported into another email account, and have the email appear on your phone that way. I know GMAIL allows this as I have quite a few emails imported into my main inbox, so if hotmail allows the same then you could just set up your LJMU emails to be imported there, which should then appear on your iPhone as you check your hotmail inbox.

If hotmail does allow it then these settings should work for you: http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/ITHelp/email/118290.htm
puddledancer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks I found on one of those pages the mobile bit and you can yous the outlook exchange thing so I have it now, I managed to put my hotmail on the same thing so ive got all my boxes and not just inbox
ravah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did you manage to do it ?
ToPimpAButterfly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i cant figure out what to put into the imap settings username space, when i put in my uni email it doesnt work, any help?
ravah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is what i entered
In server: excasas.ljmu.ac.uk
In domain: users

In email and username i entered the email and username that was given when you register with ljmu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (53)
20.87%
Unconditional if firmed (20)
7.87%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.79%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (6)
2.36%
No unconditional offers (173)
68.11%

Watched Threads