Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just a question that pops in my insane mind

Does anyone know how courseworks are checked?
    And how the examiners can detect some aspects of plagiarism in someones own coursework? Producing a courseowrk with using someones excellent coursework example as a GUIDE to follow and using his point creating your own view, is not plagariem is it?
    i mean do examiners do a technology test of all papers submited to them or just some, becasue wont that take ages?
    for my biology osmosis coursework i used some info, from coursewrok.info copied some but then changed the sentence structure for my conclusion, do you think just doing that, i could by detected of cheating and plagiarism by the examiner who looks at my coursework?
    By the way coursework.info is a paying site, does it matter if the site is a paying or free site for the examiners?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    One of my teachers told me they type a sentence or the title of your coursework into a search engine and see if any other piece of work come up.

ReputationRep:
    I know you're allowed to use excellent coursework as a guide, well, not to copy but to see what you need to have to get good marks. The best to use for this is the exemplar material on the exam board website.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.