This discussion is closed.
sqz
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just a question that pops in my insane mind

Does anyone know how courseworks are checked?
And how the examiners can detect some aspects of plagiarism in someones own coursework? Producing a courseowrk with using someones excellent coursework example as a GUIDE to follow and using his point creating your own view, is not plagariem is it?
i mean do examiners do a technology test of all papers submited to them or just some, becasue wont that take ages?
for my biology osmosis coursework i used some info, from coursewrok.info copied some but then changed the sentence structure for my conclusion, do you think just doing that, i could by detected of cheating and plagiarism by the examiner who looks at my coursework?
By the way coursework.info is a paying site, does it matter if the site is a paying or free site for the examiners?

Thanks
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
One of my teachers told me they type a sentence or the title of your coursework into a search engine and see if any other piece of work come up.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know you're allowed to use excellent coursework as a guide, well, not to copy but to see what you need to have to get good marks. The best to use for this is the exemplar material on the exam board website.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (248)
39.49%
Take autumn exams (186)
29.62%
Look for a job (21)
3.34%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.98%
Take a year out (110)
17.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
6.05%

Watched Threads